Desperate for help! Cisco Academy is giving me an error during Skill Assessments!

2 replies to this topic

#1 pl4yin

pl4yin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2 posts
  • 12 thanks

Posted 01 December 2011 - 05:58 AM

I'm trying to take "ENetwork PT Practice SBA" and I keep getting an error message...

Cisco Packet Tracer Connection Error
Your Assessment has failed to start. Please check to confirm that Packet Tracer is installed correctly. Reference the setup information found in the Assessment Section of the Course Catalog in Academy Connection.

Message ID: XP-ERR-010

I've looked for an answer to this problem and I can't find one anywhere... My packet tracer assignments load perfectly fine from the rest of the website.. (Like when I am using Packet Tracer during the reading assignments from the website). I don't get it..?

Thanked by 1 Member:
Oh10

#2 Glavin

Glavin

VERSION 1.0

• Senior Super Moderators
  • 696 posts
  • 42421 thanks

Posted 01 December 2011 - 09:11 AM

Install  PT version 5.3.1 + ,check if you have java runtime on your system. If not download and install it from java's site.

1. Start the Packet Tracer program.
2. At the top of the page go to Extensions >> IPC >> Options” to open PT’s “IPC Options" dialog.
3. 1. If “Always Listen On Start” is unchecked, they need to check it and then click “OK.”
4. Use “Extensions >> IPC >> Configure Apps …” to open PT’s “Configure Apps” dialog. Then highlight the “PT Exam Player” line and click on the “Settings” tab.
5. If the selected option for “Startup” is “Disabled”, you must click “On Demand” instead, and then click “Ok” for the dialog.
6. Got to Extensions >> IPC >> Show Active Apps and disconnect any and all.
7. Once you have followed these steps go to the Environment Checker and make sure to click "NO"
to grant the PT applet access on your browser.
Before posting under Share sections, Make sure you've read the updated rules posted here http://certcollection.org/forum/forum-175/announcement-8-share-section-rules-read-before-posting/

Help us keep this forum clean by reporting spam / scam / non IT related posts and threads.

Follow us on http://twitter.com/certcollection

Thanked by 2 Members:
pl4yin , harry817

#3 pl4yin

pl4yin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2 posts
  • 12 thanks

Posted 01 December 2011 - 07:03 PM

I figured that out... now my routers and switches are locked during my skills exam and I can't figure out how to cofigure them remotely... jeeze. this sucks. lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Organization

Community

Downloads

Test Providers

Site Info

Go to top