20 replies to this topic

#1 Amir7

Amir7

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1 posts
  • 25 thanks

Posted 17 January 2012 - 06:29 AM

Has anyone installed the Cisco ACS 5.2 ?

I have managed to install it but cant seem to get it registered.

Does anyone know how to crack it ?

I got the ISO file and the Licences from: http://certcollection.org/forum/topic/107473-cisco-secure-access-control-server-acs-v52026-2010/

There the process of cracking it was alaso given:

it said:-

"After you install the boot from any LiveCD, mount the file system (if set from the original image, then there will be LVM) and change the file / opt/CSCOacs/mgmt/apache-tomcat-6.0.18/lib/flexlm-10.9.jar on the application.
After that, go to the web interface and install the license files."

Need help in that...

Thanked by 13 Members:
abidsaleem92 , naghval , Patesh , khalifeh , lljokell , angelsor , SAN9952 , saravananvpk , bajantrina , jhilmil , jitesh , mantoba , ppsilva2

#2 sirsamon

sirsamon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • 4 thanks

Posted 25 February 2012 - 04:47 AM

Hi ALL,

I am in the same boat, i am not a linux user, and people just pasting the below does not help, the question is how do you do this.

After you install the boot from any LiveCD, mount the file system (if set from the original image, then there will be LVM) and change the file / opt/CSCOacs/mgmt/apache-tomcat-6.0.18/lib/flexlm-10.9.jar on the application.
After that, go to the web interface and install the license files."

Thanked by 2 Members:
naghval , ppsilva2

#3 jahsoul

jahsoul

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • 39 thanks

Posted 25 February 2012 - 04:57 AM

This is what I did when I did this a while ago and it is really simple

Download Ubuntu (I prefer 10.04 but hey, Unity isn't appealing to me) and run the live disk. Once you run the live disk, go to Places and then go to "/." From there, search in Opt>CSCOacs>mgmt>apache-tomcat-6.0.18>lib and replace the flexim flile with the one that was in the download.

Hit thanks if helpful.. :-)

Edited by jahsoul, 25 February 2012 - 04:57 AM.

Thanked by 3 Members:
moriteza , laya , nuttyfisherman

#4 sirsamon

sirsamon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • 4 thanks

Posted 25 February 2012 - 05:08 AM

Thanks for your help, but ^_^

run ununto where  ?  in a new vm ?

This what i dont get, how to or where to (does this mean somehow boot the ubunto in the vm i already have for acs ?)

Edited by sirsamon, 25 February 2012 - 05:16 AM.

Thanked by 1 Member:
naghval

#5 sirsamon

sirsamon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • 4 thanks

Posted 25 February 2012 - 06:58 AM

ok so i have now by trial and error found out, that we run the live cd under the already installed acs.

i have now got the file i want to replace and the file to replace it. BUTTTT

it says no permissions to change or replace the file.

anyone help, using ubunto latest live cd.

thanks

#6 packettalk

packettalk

Cisco & Juniper TE

• Technical Expert
  • PipPipPip
  • 437 posts
  • 3738 thanks
  • LocationSouth Carolina, US

Posted 25 February 2012 - 07:16 AM

Not familiar with the install process for ACS, but if you're trying to change pretty much anything from any directory other than `~` (/home/[yourusername]), then you need root permissions.

I don't know if you're using the GUI or the CLI.

If you're using the CLI, you can just type `sudo` before the command you're using to replace the file.  If `sudo` is not availble in your distribution, then first type `su -c`, enter the root password, and then type the command you're using to alter /opt.

If you're using a GUI, you're on your own as I never use a GUI to do anything requiring root permissions.  I would assume you would open up a command line and type `gksudo nautilus`.  This should open Nautilus with root permissions.  This assumes you're using Gnome, though.  If you're using KDE, then maybe `gksudo dolphin` would work, but I don't really use KDE much.
packettalk
Cisco and Juniper Technical Expert
Please don't PM me with questions or requests.  Please use the forum as this will help everyone.
Please don't ask me for brain dumps or exact questions from exams.  I do not advocate the use of brain dumps and will not provide resources pointing to them.

Thanked by 2 Members:
Patesh , saravananvpk

#7 sirsamon

sirsamon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • 4 thanks

Posted 25 February 2012 - 07:24 AM

solved, working.

I thnik i will post the non-linux dummies guide to installing :)

Thanked by 1 Member:
vikarmoney

#8 packettalk

packettalk

Cisco & Juniper TE

• Technical Expert
  • PipPipPip
  • 437 posts
  • 3738 thanks

Posted 25 February 2012 - 08:18 AM

Glad you got it working.
packettalk
Please don't PM me with questions or requests.  Please use the forum as this will help everyone.
Please don't ask me for brain dumps or exact questions from exams.  I do not advocate the use of brain dumps and will not provide resources pointing to them.

Thanked by 1 Member:
zobo99

#9 Abdulrahman

Abdulrahman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts
  • 42 thanks

Posted 10 March 2012 - 07:05 PM

Guys please help me to download it the link there is dead . please re upload it

Edited by Abdulrahman, 18 March 2012 - 07:38 AM.

Thanked by 1 Member:
premier511

#10 Abdulrahman

Abdulrahman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts
  • 42 thanks

Posted 17 March 2012 - 08:47 AM

Folks . i have been install the ACS 5.2 in Vmware workstation , after i installed it showing to me CLI interface . how i can get access to GUI interface . please share your feedback !

#11 packettalk

packettalk

Cisco & Juniper TE

• Technical Expert
  • PipPipPip
  • 437 posts
  • 3738 thanks

Posted 17 March 2012 - 03:19 PM

View PostAbdulrahman, on 10 March 2012 - 07:05 PM, said:

Gays please help me to download it the link there is dead . please re upload it

Not sure how to solve your problem, but...

Here's a pro-tip for communicating with native English speakers (particularly Americans, not sure if this applies to other dialects):

Don't address people as "gays."  It can be outright offensive to some, insensitive to others, derogatory, or any number of other things.  It's not a good thing to do in general.

Perhaps the word you were looking for was "guys?"

Also, there may not be a GUI.  Couldn't see a reason to have one, but I'll let someone with personal experience chime in.
packettalk

#12 Abdulrahman

Abdulrahman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts
  • 42 thanks

Posted 18 March 2012 - 07:42 AM

i'm sorry . i don't mean it . yaa as u mention the word what i mean it is " guys "  .. ( i already edit it ) Thanks

#13 packettalk

packettalk

Cisco & Juniper TE

• Technical Expert
  • PipPipPip
  • 437 posts
  • 3738 thanks

Posted 19 March 2012 - 11:01 PM

@Abdulrahman

I know you didn't mean it.  :)  I just wanted to offer a small tip for your future interactions.  Have a good day and good luck with the ACS questions!
packettalk

#14 allblue

allblue

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • 3 thanks

Posted 27 March 2012 - 04:49 PM

View Postsirsamon, on 25 February 2012 - 07:24 AM, said:

solved, working.

I thnik i will post the non-linux dummies guide to installing ^_^

Hy

what is the default root password ?