abbi1680

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • 11 thanks

Posted 01 June 2010 - 01:05 AM

Hi ,
I think you might be a good help for the below error. I have  Hyper V  on Vostro 43o and 3  windows 2008 r2 instances running on it with 3 physical NICS connected catalyst 2950 switch. I have  no is a VLANs set up.
There is a domain controller with integrated  DNS. Other 2 systems are members of the domain.
The D-link connected NIC keeps  giving the below problem.

Any idea about the below . Fortulately, it is stil pinging to DC and other member
server. When I changed the NIC to a different windows server, it is still showing the same error.

Would you suggest anything ?
Switch>enau
Switch#
00:57:07: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface FastEthernet0/19, changed state to down
00:57:12: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface FastEthernet0/19, changed state to up
00:58:07: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface FastEthernet0/19, changed state to down
00:58:12: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface FastEthernet0/19, changed state to up
01:01:14: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface FastEthernet0/19, changed state to down
01:01:18: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface FastEthernet0/19, changed state to up
01:01:58: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface FastEthernet0/19, changed state to down
01:02:02: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface FastEthernet0/19, changed state to up

#2 slymoose

slymoose

Cisco Technical Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • 5 thanks

Posted 01 June 2010 - 01:13 AM

Do you have any port security setup?  Any special features on that port?

Try it on a different port.  If you still have the same problem, swap the cable.

#3 abbi1680

abbi1680

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • 11 thanks

Posted 01 June 2010 - 06:51 AM

This has already tried. I have tried  different ports with a different CAT 5 cable. Nothing has changed.By the way, it is only happening with only D-lINK NIC, when I assigned the OS to a different NIC, it is working fine.

#4 Glavin

Glavin

VERSION 1.0

• Senior Super Moderators
  • 677 posts
  • 41414 thanks

Posted 01 June 2010 - 06:52 AM

Disable power management feature of your D-link Nic.
Before posting under Share sections, Make sure you've read the updated rules posted here http://certcollection.org/forum/forum-175/announcement-8-share-section-rules-read-before-posting/

Help us keep this forum clean by reporting spam / scam / non IT related posts and threads.

Follow us on http://twitter.com/certcollection

#5 abbi1680

abbi1680

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • 11 thanks

Posted 01 June 2010 - 08:20 AM

Thanks Glavin. I am at work now and will try this as soon as I get home and let you know.

Any idea how to turn off power management ?

#6 Glavin

Glavin

VERSION 1.0

• 677 posts
  • 41414 thanks

Posted 01 June 2010 - 08:29 AM

Right Click Dlink NIC in Network Connections and select Properties. In Properties , Select Configure which is next to your NIC device name, then go to Power Management and uncheck all the boxes.
Before posting under Share sections, Make sure you've read the updated rules posted here http://certcollection.org/forum/forum-175/announcement-8-share-section-rules-read-before-posting/

Help us keep this forum clean by reporting spam / scam / non IT related posts and threads.

#7 abbi1680

abbi1680

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • 11 thanks

Posted 01 June 2010 - 09:25 PM

That's cool. Thanks again Glavin

I think it has been sorted now.  I did as you suggested and left my tera term terminal  open to see if f there is a pocket loss or line port goes up and down again.

I'be left my system open to see if it occurs again and let you know the results by tonight.

Thanks Glavin, it worked. Thanks again

#8 slymoose

slymoose

Cisco Technical Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • 5 thanks

Posted 01 June 2010 - 09:31 PM

View Postglavin, on 01 June 2010 - 06:52 AM, said:

Disable power management feature of your D-link Nic.
Good call!

#9 Glavin

Glavin

VERSION 1.0

• 677 posts
  • 41414 thanks

Posted 02 June 2010 - 04:27 AM

View Postabbi1680, on 01 June 2010 - 09:25 PM, said:

That's cool. Thanks again Glavin

I think it has been sorted now. I did as you suggested and left my tera term terminal open to see if f there is a pocket loss or line port goes up and down again.

I'be left my system open to see if it occurs again and let you know the results by tonight.

Thanks Glavin, it worked. Thanks again

Anytime mate :)

View Postslymoose, on 01 June 2010 - 09:31 PM, said:

Good call!

#10 inciongyrk

inciongyrk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 07 December 2011 - 11:10 AM

A trustworthy pump motor method is important in every home, whether for useful reasons or even crisis reasons. You might use this in order to vacant out your pool or even pond, get rid of water from the overloaded basement, or use it for construction purposes. Most houses and also industrial properties rely on electrical or a sump method for cellars. Should you discover electrical to become pricey or even for anyone who is seeking the back again up to supplement your current technique, the drinking water velocity v-pump is the greatest bet.

What is the water velocity v-pump?

This type of pump motor utilizes velocity to move water. This will not make use of electrical power so as to move water or even mud. In contrast to the majority of forms of home appliances that are comparable, that include complex parts so that you can perform, the actual v-pump doesn't have moving parts. By means of the patented design, this particular functions using a hose in order to drain drinking water effectively from any overloaded area. The swift connect feature links the actual v-pump readily for the garden hose. You may make use of the water speed v-pump in swimming pools, fish ponds, fountains, health spas, boats, building web sites, as well as basements.

The positive aspects of the v-pump

Certainly one of the greatest positive aspects of the v-pump is the fact that it doesn't use any kind of electrical power. An electrical 1 is efficient within sketching away water through overloaded locations however it is actually commonly pricey to retain and run. 1 which works from far more than ten amps will surely cost a important amount in electrical power monthly. Considering that the actual v-pump does not require electricity as a way to work, it's a wind to utilize, at absolutely no expensive cost. The actual revolutionary, trademarked design from the v-pump makes it an uncomplicated to use, low-cost, as well as extremely effective pumping program for the property and past.

A further important benefit towards the water velocity v-pump is its cheaper acquisition price. The majority of electric sends quickly expense one hundred dollars, sometimes extra. Since the v-pump simply relies on the actual helpful utilization of velocity as well as will not possess highly-priced moving parts, this expenses much less than half of quite a few electrical ones accessible currently.

...........................................................................................................................................                              
wow gold
buy wow gold
buy warcraft gold

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Organization

Community

Downloads

Test Providers

Site Info

Go to top