#1 Jigardave

Jigardave

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • 13 thanks

Posted 29 March 2011 - 07:21 AM

Hello group, Greetings !!!

can anyone tell me how I can use juniper(JunOS) router/firewall with GNS3? any link to explain it would be much appreciated.
as per latest release of GNS3 0.7.3 apart to Cisco devices, now juniper can also emulated on GNS3.

Thanks in advance,
Jigar
Regards,
-------------------------------------
J K D
CCNA | CVOICE | CCSP

Thanked by 4 Members:
zakari , jas , pikupiku742 , crbuk

#2 Glavin

Glavin

VERSION 1.0

• Senior Super Moderators
  • 696 posts
  • 42422 thanks

Posted 29 March 2011 - 04:23 PM

Check here

Download links
http://certcollection.org/forum/topic/24562-olive-101r18-qemu-image-ready-to-run/

Run Juniper on GNS3 PDF
http://certcollection.org/forum/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=5461
Before posting under Share sections, Make sure you've read the updated rules posted here http://certcollection.org/forum/forum-175/announcement-8-share-section-rules-read-before-posting/

Help us keep this forum clean by reporting spam / scam / non IT related posts and threads.

Follow us on http://twitter.com/certcollection

Thanked by 15 Members:
hariskhan , aphrodite1989 , alfagnish , ghayas , davidsyd , jk121212 , rg00119508 , raghaa , neoquest2000 , msharawy4 , seyex , pramodpishte , fpongrac1 , Mubinshahkhan78 , etch

#3 krip

krip

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts
  • 55 thanks

Posted 19 April 2011 - 02:11 AM

Hello,

I just downloaded the new version of GNS 0.7.4 for Windows and am trying to use the JUNOS but am running into issues. I kept the settings in the preferences of QEMU the same and tested it successfully. I then associated the image to jinstall-8.5R1.14-domestic-signed.tgz.

When I start the router, it says Fatal No Bootable Device there is no boot disk in QEMU window.

Attached Files

Thanked by 1 Member:
lamone

#4 Manju14

Manju14

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts
  • 10 thanks

Posted 07 May 2011 - 03:58 PM

View Postkrip, on 19 April 2011 - 02:11 AM, said:

Hello,

I just downloaded the new version of GNS 0.7.4 for Windows and am trying to use the JUNOS but am running into issues. I kept the settings in the preferences of QEMU the same and tested it successfully. I then associated the image to jinstall-8.5R1.14-domestic-signed.tgz.

When I start the router, it says Fatal No Bootable Device there is no boot disk in QEMU window.

Hello Krip,

I saw your attached document., You are doing wrong step here. You should not directly use domestic-signed.tgz file into GNS3 to run juniper router.
This domestic-signed.tgz file is used to create olive image on a freeBSD to run Juniper packages over there and then create a binary image of JunOS from that. This step is done using virtual machine with help of QEMU.
Then we have to use this newly created binary image into GNS3 to run. GNS3 then runs QEMU, loads this FreeBSD and JunOS in its machine and then it allows us to work on Juniper CLI.

Please use readily available image. download them. that file extension will be .img

Many guys are giving the ready images in different names., viz. olive-base.img , junos-binary.img, olive.img, junos.img etc etc., usually this file is very huge, around 2GB to 3GB.

Thanked by 3 Members:
w410921 , msharawy4 , selene0812

#5 zmalik

zmalik

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts
  • 5 thanks

Posted 16 July 2011 - 11:03 PM

View PostGlavin, on 29 March 2011 - 04:23 PM, said:

Hi Glavin,
I am wondering if you could assist me with installing required software to run Juniper in GNS3.  Much appreciated your help!

Thanked by 1 Member:
selene0812

#6 zmalik

zmalik

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts
  • 5 thanks

Posted 17 July 2011 - 05:53 AM

View PostManju14, on 07 May 2011 - 03:58 PM, said:

Hello Krip,

I saw your attached document., You are doing wrong step here. You should not directly use domestic-signed.tgz file into GNS3 to run juniper router.
This domestic-signed.tgz file is used to create olive image on a freeBSD to run Juniper packages over there and then create a binary image of JunOS from that. This step is done using virtual machine with help of QEMU.
Then we have to use this newly created binary image into GNS3 to run. GNS3 then runs QEMU, loads this FreeBSD and JunOS in its machine and then it allows us to work on Juniper CLI.

Please use readily available image. download them. that file extension will be .img

Many guys are giving the ready images in different names., viz. olive-base.img , junos-binary.img, olive.img, junos.img etc etc., usually this file is very huge, around 2GB to 3GB.

Hi Krip, did you manage to run JunOS in GNS3 under Windows 7.

Please advise me, thanks!

Thanked by 3 Members:
gkwtsang , msharawy4 , fpongrac1

#7 msharawy4

msharawy4

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9 posts
  • 2 thanks

Posted 30 June 2012 - 09:41 AM

View Postzmalik, on 17 July 2011 - 05:53 AM, said:

Hi Krip, did you manage to run JunOS in GNS3 under Windows 7.

Please advise me, thanks!

hello zmalik,

Thanks for your reply , i found u reply is very useful , but i need the correct steps to configure Junos OS into GNS3 also if you have any idea how to configure ASA , how to use  Ethernet Switch CLI into GNS3 , I know that a very Big Requests .. but that will be kind of you and very appreciated  from you .
Waiting your kind feed back .

thank you

Mohamed

Edited by msharawy4, 30 June 2012 - 09:42 AM.

#8 saqibafzal

saqibafzal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts
  • 944 thanks

Posted 21 October 2012 - 09:14 AM

check & follow the following guide....

http://ahsantasneem.blogspot.com/2011/12/video-step-by-step-guide-to-install.html

#9 monsieur

monsieur

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts
  • 1 thanks

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:45 PM

Has anyone got bgp multihop working in gns3 with olive, I can't seem to get my neighbor to come up?

#10 packettalk

packettalk

Cisco & Juniper TE

• Technical Expert
  • PipPipPip
  • 437 posts
  • 3846 thanks
  • LocationSouth Carolina, US

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:31 AM

BGP Multihop should work.  Are you sure it is configured correctly?
packettalk
Cisco and Juniper Technical Expert
Please don't PM me with questions or requests.  Please use the forum as this will help everyone.
Please don't ask me for brain dumps or exact questions from exams.  I do not advocate the use of brain dumps and will not provide resources pointing to them.

Thanked by 1 Member:
w410921

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Organization

Community

Downloads

Test Providers

Site Info

Go to top