If you are already running Windows Intune, the best part is, in order to get the new features, you don’t need to do anything. The new features will automatically show up in your console. What are the some of the key new features we have added?
- Software Distribution: Deploy most Microsoft and third-party updates or applications to PCs nearly anywhere over the Internet to Windows Intune managed PCs.
- Remote Tasks: You can now easily and remotely perform the following tasks on Windows Intune managed PCs from the administration console: Full scan, Quick scan, Update Malware Definition, and Restart.
- Read-Only Access: You can now can give select administrators read-only access to the administration console so they can view PC information as needed, but not perform any configuration tasks if you choose to.
- Enhanced Reporting: You can easily create hardware reports based on new hardware filters for common hardware characteristics. Additionally, you can now create and save report parameters to make it easy and efficient to run a report again in the future.
- Alerts & Monitoring: You can now configure alert types to be reported according to a specified threshold, frequency, or percent of computers affected.
- What's New in Windows Intune
- Video: New Features in Windows Intune
- Deploying Software and Third Party Updates with Windows Intune
- Video: Software Deployment with Windows Intune