May be it is the right time for me to became active user on this forum beacuse now i am looking to change my job that is why planning to start my studies from the scratch.Here i am posting few interview questions and would like you to add more questions from ur past experiences
1. What is Distributed switch (vDS)?
2. Difference between vDS and Cisco nexus switch and standard switch?
3. if the VC is down than will distributed switch work?
4. what is the requirements for installing vCenter?
5. How much minimum RAM and space need for vCenter Installation?
6. Role of vpxa client and working
7. Difference between Esx and Esxi?
8. Difference between esx3.5, vsphere4 and vsphere 5?
9. Licensing in vSphere 5 and different types of licenses and their difference?
10. Different method to upgrade ESX server?
11. What is host profile, auto deploy and image builder?
12. What is FT, requirement and how to configure FT and how FT works?
13. How to increase the size of Hard disk in win 2008 and win 2003?
14. What is Hot cpu / Add ram?
15. How hot cpu /ram works of 2008 and 2003 whether we need a reboot for applying hot cpu/add ram?
16.What is PSA?
17. What is VAAI?
18. SCSI reservation?
19. SCSI reservation has been removed in vSphere 5?
20. How data integrity is achieved in vSphere 5?
21. : HA difference between vsphere4 and vsphere5?
22. RDM and what types of RDM?
23. why we use VLAN ID 4095?
24. What is VGT?
25. vMotion does not check vSwitch port availabilty?
26. I have migrate a VM from one ESX host to another but now it is not pinging, how u will troubleshoot and what are the possible cause of this?
Ans: 4one possible would be non availability of pots on vSwitch
27. How storage DRS works?
28. Different types of load balancing policy at the vSwiitch?
29. What is becon probing?
30. Different security policies at the vSwitch?
31. If we don'tt have VMware tool on VM, can we take snapshot?
32. What happened in the background if we commit the snapshot?
33. How many log files get created in VM folder and what would be there sequence?
34. Once u take snapshot, How much MB delta file get created in?
35. What is CBT?
36. How u will troubleshoot different types of snapshot problems?
37. How vMotion works?
38. What is jumbo frames and it requirements?
39. Link aggregation and its requirements?
40. Snapshot implementation has been changed in vsphere5. What are the changes?
41. Snapshot files are visible in snapshot manager but they visible in console. How u will delete these snapshot files?
42. How u will troubleshooting the locked files issues?
43. One user is complaining that his server is working very slow. How u will troubleshoot this issue?
44. What is storage I/O control?
45. What is network I/o control?
46. one user is not able to take the RDP of a server but the server is pinging. How will you resolve the issue?
47. The server is showing black screen in vSphere client. How will you analyze the issue?
48. what are affinity and anti affinity rules and what's the other rule apart of these two rules in vSphere 5?
49. While powering on a VM, you are getting different errors u should know how to troubleshoot these kind of errors
50. What is VMware cloud director and use of it?
51. What is Vshield and use of it?
52. What is VDR?
53. What is the limitations of FC and iSCSI Datastore in VDR?
54. What is integrity check in VDR?
55. How u will disable balloning in a VM?
56. What type we should use while doing P2V (volume based or file based)?
57. Does RDM format the LUN in VMDK or not or it create pointer file?
58. Unable to start virtual center service what to troubleshoot and how?
59. VM is responding very slow. how to troubleshoot (like CPU contention, Storage latency, Memory issue.)?
60. We have taken snapshot and revert to the snapshot . now what will happened to existing snapshot , will it remove or will it exist?
61. How to enable Paravirtualization in Disk and Network?
62. How to check the storage, cpu, memory or disk related problem through esxtop?
63. On Path selection policy like fixed, MRU, RR. how it works in background?
Edited by S0cialW0rker, 26 August 2013 - 02:30 PM.