#57 Joe

Joe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 276 posts
  • 169 thanks

Posted 29 January 2011 - 04:23 PM

SYMANTEC is the shittiest Antivirus i have ever seen...............The Antivirus team has these 2 server's which runs SYMANTEC , the Bank branches start receiving AV traffic even when they do not need it..............And the Best part is Even though we have a TIME based ACL configured on our CISCO ASA 5580 to block AV traffic during the peak hour's, MR. SYMANTEC still send's it's Online update to Many of the bank Branche's ........Thank god there was a KIWI cat tool.......which helped us manually configure Extended ACL'S to block AV traffic for 4000 branches.......... :mellow:
Posted Image

#58 Platinum

Platinum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • 6 thanks

Posted 09 February 2011 - 12:35 PM

According to me bellow is the best.

1. SEP (Symentec EndPoint v12.0)
2. Tend Micro

#59 jms84

jms84

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts
  • 6 thanks

Posted 19 April 2011 - 01:53 AM

Tend Micro

#60 asphxys

asphxys

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3 posts
  • 258 thanks

Posted 23 April 2011 - 02:30 PM

Kaspersky 2011

#61 Marungadzinndevhelaho

Marungadzinndevhelaho

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
  • 6 thanks

Posted 15 September 2011 - 08:14 AM

Vipre antivirus is also excellent.
Pirate Party supporter

#62 easy15

easy15

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • 2781 thanks
  • LocationBeautiful Earth

Posted 15 September 2011 - 05:03 PM

Avast works well for me...Very easy to use and most importantly it doen't slow down your pc/laptop.

Just my cents...

#63 asasel

asasel

Cisco TE

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • 18049 thanks
  • LocationHigh in the mountains where not even the wolves dare to come

Posted 17 September 2011 - 06:55 AM

nod32 .. most of the time it will detect obfuscated/encrypted 0 days when others fail to do so..
-= asasel =-

#64 tpbac00

tpbac00

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts
  • 2 thanks

Posted 17 September 2011 - 02:20 PM

I like AVG

#65 TeeDubya

TeeDubya

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 16 November 2011 - 03:07 AM

/<RANT>

OH MY LORD.

Any one that recommmends a symantec product instant loses any credibility for me. Why PC manufacturers ship stuff with it installed is beyond me. I consider it a virus it self as it sits there hogging resources, is virtually impossible for the average user to remove completely, and it screw's the machine up 9 times out of 10 on the way out, unless done very carefully.

NOD 32 I have never used,but I know its supposed to be efficient.

AVG, Commodo, kaspersky, were all great products, but are now just bloatware, not as bad as Symantec, but pretty awful just the same.

What I want from an AV is speed and protection and Avira is the one for that with Avast right up there as well ( I just prefer Aviras config utility). Best of the free AV's for protection and speed, and why pay unless you are a corporation? Detection rates and all the protection you need are right there. .

And beyond that what I want is NOT spamming me with updates all the time, Not detecting false postives all the time and not popping up in my face all the time.

Avira fitts the bill on all counts.

1 Popup a day, compared to 8 million with other AV's I can live with.

I want the real time protection to sit in the system tray nice and quiet until there is a problem.

There has been no disscussion here about false positives, bugs and their fixes or anything of any real importance.

Panda? Please

Zone Alarm:- Broke the internet for lots of people for lots of time not long ago

And all these guys saying you have like 2 AV's plus a software firewall WTF?!?

I hope you only have one real time scanner enabled.

Why have you got a software firewall? The ONLY point of them AFAICT is stop an already infected machine sending dodgy stuff OUT.

Too late by then.

Also you all seem to be forgetting the best protection of all, A BRAIN. User need to be educated about what is clever and what isn't. Likely hood of malware is siginificantly reduced by not visiting sites or opening email that is likely to contain it.

/<RANT>

#66 saintshaka

saintshaka

Advanced Member

• Technical Expert
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  • 13237 thanks
  • Locationcalcutta

Posted 13 April 2012 - 01:27 PM

at the moment im using COMODO INTERNET SECURITY; it costs only 5 bugs per year.
it's the best in opinion
saintshaka
Cisco Technical Expert
Please don't PM me with questions or requests.  Please use the forum as this will help everyone.
Please don't ask me for brain dumps or exact questions from exams.  I do not advocate the use of brain dumps and will not provide resources pointing to them

#67 itech

itech

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • 42 thanks

Posted 13 June 2012 - 05:02 PM

KASPERSKY PURE 2012...Top of the line AV...Best of the Best....Wont slow down your System and best defense against Virus, Trojans and Malwares.

#68 gmail

gmail

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts
  • 536 thanks
  • LocationInternet

Posted 13 October 2012 - 07:11 PM

Norton IS and kaspersky IS makes my PC slow.
Anyone, pls tell me how symantec endpoint security software works? Anywhere i can get it for 6months?

#69 shatheone

shatheone

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts
  • 1 thanks

Posted 25 April 2013 - 04:00 PM

View PostTeeDubya, on 16 November 2011 - 03:07 AM, said:

/<RANT>

OH MY LORD.

Any one that recommmends a symantec product instant loses any credibility for me. Why PC manufacturers ship stuff with it installed is beyond me. I consider it a virus it self as it sits there hogging resources, is virtually impossible for the average user to remove completely, and it screw's the machine up 9 times out of 10 on the way out, unless done very carefully.

/<RANT>

i havent used norton in, well about 10 years.  but ive heard that the 2012 version isnt too bad, havent tried it myself though.

#70 SephStorm

SephStorm

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • 1869 thanks

Posted 09 May 2013 - 02:13 PM

I did a test within the last year, NIS is much better than it used to be,less resource intensive, significant protection against attacks. But I encourage you to try it for yourselves, do some scans and attacks against it.

currently though, I use bitdefender, which has the highest rating from avcomparatives

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Organization

Community

Downloads

Test Providers

Site Info

Go to top