3 replies to this topic

#1 Gingert76

Gingert76

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 12 April 2010 - 11:31 AM

I thought i would post in here as i have made a bit of a blunder and wondered what you would do or suggest or (as i am starting to think) its actually for the best.  I am new to wireless and have done plenty of Cisco certs and looking for a new role in Consultancy or Design as done 12 years of support (took redundancy in Febuary).  So i just completed my Cisco CCSP and thought i had booked myself to do Cisco CCNA-Wireless and CCNP-Wireless but found out today (first day of my course) that i have booked myself on CWNA and CWSP.  I dont know how useful these certs will be in the job market as i wasnt planning to do them so just wondered what people thought of the certs and if they are a valuable addition to my CV or not and if you would also do the Cisco certs as well.

Thanks in advance and before anyone posts saying i am a plonker booking the wrong courses i fully agree and can only put it down to having a ginger moment lol
CCNA Cert, CCNA-Voice Cert, CCNA-Security Cert, CCVP Cert, CCSP Cert.

Working on CWNA and CWSP

#2 devil soul

devil soul

Ghost Rider

• Super Moderators
  • 357 posts
  • 11929 thanks

Posted 12 April 2010 - 11:40 AM

CWNA and CWSP are vendor neutral certs, meaning they don't focus on just 1 vendor products...  
"All of us do not have equal talent but all of us should have an equal opportunity to develop our talents" John F Kennedy (1917-1963)
Now that you have joined the top IT Community. It is time to join the number 1 team
http://certcollection.org/forum/index.php?/topic/41225-join-our-staff-team/
http://certcollection.org/forum/index.php?/blog/3/entry-505-join-our-staff-team/

#3 ITVI

ITVI

Elite Member

• Veteran
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,860 posts
  • 612 thanks

Posted 20 April 2010 - 03:00 AM

It really depends on you on how much you plan to have exposure working with Cisco wireless devices or other brand wireless devices.  If you think you'll be working with more Cisco gear, go for the Cisco Wireless Certs.  If you don't, then getting the vendor neutral certs is a good start since there are of course other brand out there and not all company can afford Cisco's high end devices...  

I myself have experience w/ mainly only Cisco wirelss products and OTC (Off The Shelf) brand from your typical electronic store.  I do plan to tackle the CCNP Wireless down the road since it will somewhat cover the basic to advance wireless foundation, but as you advance the course, it'll be more cisco centric than anything else, yet w/ that knowledge you can apply it to other vendor products.

So, for anyone else readig this:

-Go for the neutral wireless cert if you don't plan to touch Cisco gear for a while, or rarely, or never...
-Go for the Cisco wireless exam if you can, will, or have Cisco gear on hand
-Go for the brass ball and take both exam!

p.s. mistakes you've made has happen to us one way or another...been there done that Posted Image

#4 ezsalahu

ezsalahu

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • 3 thanks

Posted 21 October 2015 - 10:42 PM

Thanks for the good advise

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Organization

Community