zuzkie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1 posts
  • 849 thanks

Posted 28 May 2010 - 08:32 PM

View Postcisco006, on 27 May 2010 - 01:25 PM, said:

Hi,
I have the same problem as heartattack888. i have downloaded the olive image and tested this using GNS3 on windows 7 and this works fine, i.e. i can start one instance of juniper router using the olive image. In windows 7 in GNS3 when i right click on the JUNOS1 router and select start, i get a qemu window that shows me the booting status of the router and it tells me the router is booted and provides a command prompt to login.
Since there limitation of one olive router under windows due to qemu bug, i switched to linux, i.e. Kubuntu 10.04. I downloaded same version of GNS3 for linux and did untar and ran GNS3 under kubuntu.
I followed the same procedure to configure GNS3 and selected the same olive-img and than right clicked on JUNOS1 router in GNS3 and selected start. Under linux i do not get any qemu window and i get no status of if router is booting or not. In GNS3 console window when i run =>list, it tells me router is running. Question how to i get a qemu console window that shows me the status of router booting in kubuntu. I did change the terminal settings to use kde console in GNS3.
Can someone please help......

Please how do i run olive in GNS3 in linux......Please help....Can someone provide step by step instructions....

Thanks

Hi,
when I start Juniper a qemu window appears for each started instance of Juniper. I can't  watch a status of booting process in this qemu window.In the end of boot I can see a login prompt and it allows me to log in to Juniper.

If you desire to see status of booting process, do a right click on Juniper and choose Console during a boot. Another window appears in which you can see entire boot process in kde konsole.

I attached my terminal setting of GNS3.

Attached Files

#16 meigloo

meigloo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  • 67 thanks

Posted 01 June 2010 - 04:11 PM

can anyone seed this via torrent?

this Olive based on jinstall-10.1 still require that patch ? and what BSD version did you use ?
Thanks!
PING!
Posted Image Best Sniffer!

#17 zuzkie

zuzkie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1 posts
  • 849 thanks

Posted 02 June 2010 - 06:30 AM

View Postmeigloo, on 01 June 2010 - 04:11 PM, said:

can anyone seed this via torrent?

this Olive based on jinstall-10.1 still require that patch ? and what BSD version did you use ?
Thanks!

Yes it requires patch. FreeBSD 4.11. More at:

#18 meigloo

meigloo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  • 67 thanks

Posted 02 June 2010 - 07:48 AM

zuzkie
did you installed dirctly on top of BSD or first you install a lower version and make upgrade ?
pls share jinstall
PING!

#19 zuzkie

zuzkie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1 posts
  • 849 thanks

Posted 02 June 2010 - 10:19 AM

View Postmeigloo, on 02 June 2010 - 07:48 AM, said:

zuzkie
did you installed dirctly on top of BSD or first you install a lower version and make upgrade ?
pls share jinstall

I installed 10.1R1.8 directly on FreeBSD - it was clean install without any Junos installed on BSD previously.
If you want I can share a jinstall-10.1R1.8-domestic-olive.tgz (you could install it directly on BSD without modification of checkpic.  I made it by my own) or do you prefer classic jinstall-10.1R1.8-domestic-signed.tgz? (you need to modify checkpic).

Cheers,

#20 meigloo

meigloo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  • 67 thanks

Posted 02 June 2010 - 11:26 AM

View Postzuzkie, on 02 June 2010 - 10:19 AM, said:

I installed 10.1R1.8 directly on FreeBSD - it was clean install without any Junos installed on BSD previously.
If you want I can share a jinstall-10.1R1.8-domestic-olive.tgz (you could install it directly on BSD without modification of checkpic.  I made it by my own) or do you prefer classic jinstall-10.1R1.8-domestic-signed.tgz? (you need to modify checkpic).

Cheers,
without need to modify checkpic... save me some time
PING!

Thanked by 1 Member:
FullDuplex

#21 masterhacker

masterhacker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
  • 153 thanks

Posted 06 June 2010 - 02:55 PM

some time its works fine after sometime it asks for password can anybody tell me the prob
thanx in advance

#22 Whoru

Whoru

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • 656 thanks

Posted 21 September 2010 - 04:50 AM

What is difference between domestic-olive and domestic-signed image? I am new to juniper and trying to run on juniper routers but still not able to run them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Organization

Community

Downloads

Test Providers

Site Info

Go to top