The Cloud Systems Engineer is a senior level consulting engineer within the Datacenter Team. This post-sales position is customer-facing and consists of the delivery of business-transformation technology projects, as well as providing consulting services for next-generation projects and services. The Cloud Systems Engineer (CSE) is a responsible and trusted member of the customer’s technology team, relied upon to provide exceptional services and solutions that make a visible and valued contribution to customer goals.
Agile IT works on the latest technologies (primarily Microsoft) and is a leader in deploying them in the market. Based on this, we understand that there might not be many applicants that have certain experiences. Once hired, you’ll be mentored and trained in one or more of the following technologies by our senior staff.
Agile IT Cloud System Engineers deliver technical designs, implementations, and support services. These services will include projects within the following areas:
Design, Deployment, Upgrade, and Decommission of Windows services
- Active Directory
- Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS),
- Certificate Services
- Direct Access
- Remote Desktop Services
Microsoft Azure projects focused on Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), including:
- Design Azure deployments based on customer requirements, best practices, and following patterns and practices developed by Agile IT.
- Automating Azure tasks using PowerShell
- Moving or expanding Active Directory from on premise to Azure
- Migration of workloads into Azure
Certification in selected Microsoft Cloud services is required as well as experience. If you have not previously attained Microsoft Azure Certification, you must pass the exam within your first 90 days using self-study and on-the-job training.
Preferable Skills and Attributes:
- Dedication to customer satisfaction and getting it right the first time
- Demonstrate ability to explain complex technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Strong trouble-shooting skills across a broad and diverse population and environment
- Demonstrate ability to proactively look for process improvement opportunities, challenge conventional practices, and adopt new methods and best practices. Also focused on continuous self-improvement.
- Demonstrate verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate with all levels of the organization, clearly and concisely present issues, alternatives, and recommendation(s)
- Strong technical documentation skills, ability to clearly record key information within incident tracking and knowledge base systems
- Ability to use incident tracking software
- Appreciation of internal customer business, goals and objectives, strategies, and needs
- Demonstrate ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks, aggressive targets and deadlines.
- Demonstrate understanding of priorities and effective work procedures, self-manage work time and prioritize multiple tasks and problems
Education and Certifications:
- The successful candidate will hold:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field or equivalent industry experience
- 8 years of successively more responsible experience as a consulting engineer