Jump to content


1
[Req]

vQFX?



32 replies to this topic

#1 kechik

kechik

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • 178 thanks

Posted 12 August 2015 - 04:28 AM

Hi,


Anyone here can leak the image for vQFX?


Thanks
kechik, proud to be a member of IT Certification Forum since Dec 2008.

Thanked by 1 Member:
masterjack

#2 Berbel

Berbel

    Junior Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts
  • 2207 thanks

Posted 12 August 2015 - 05:02 AM

I think that there is a beta image for QFX switch. Please share.

Thanked by 1 Member:
masterjack

#3 HermanToothrot

HermanToothrot

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • 17568 thanks
  • LocationMonkey Island

Posted 13 August 2015 - 01:02 PM

Another vote for the beta vQFX.

Thanked by 1 Member:
masterjack

#4 HermanToothrot

HermanToothrot

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • 17568 thanks
  • LocationMonkey Island

Posted 15 August 2015 - 05:06 PM

Do the beta vQFX files come with any information inside them that would identify who leaked it?  I ask, because someone "gifted" it to me yesterday, but was adamant that I please not share it with anyone.

I've already got it uploaded on Mega. I'm just waiting for a definitive answer before I post the link. I don't want to get my friend kicked out of the beta program, since he was nice enough to share the image file with me.

Edited by HermanToothrot, 15 August 2015 - 06:51 PM.


Thanked by 2 Members:
dragonfeel , masterjack

#5 masterjack

masterjack

    Junior Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts
  • 112 thanks

Posted 16 August 2015 - 04:26 AM

View PostHermanToothrot, on 15 August 2015 - 05:06 PM, said:

Do the beta vQFX files come with any information inside them that would identify who leaked it?  I ask, because someone "gifted" it to me yesterday, but was adamant that I please not share it with anyone.

I've already got it uploaded on Mega. I'm just waiting for a definitive answer before I post the link. I don't want to get my friend kicked out of the beta program, since he was nice enough to share the image file with me.


I agree with you ! is it possible for you to post the vQFX file names or package names ? ex: vQFX-domestic.vmdk or vQFX-***.qcow2

Thanked by 1 Member:
siavash2

#6 HermanToothrot

HermanToothrot

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • 17568 thanks
  • LocationMonkey Island

Posted 16 August 2015 - 12:53 PM

View Postmasterjack, on 16 August 2015 - 04:26 AM, said:

I agree with you ! is it possible for you to post the vQFX file names or package names ? ex: vQFX-domestic.vmdk or vQFX-***.qcow2

jinstall-vqfx500-15.2I20150605_0839_lanxng-domestic.img <---this is the filename.  Seems to function in Qemu 2.4.0 in linux using GNS3v1.4.0beta1

I had to remote into his machine to help him get vMX and vSRX working, and I watched him boot and configure vQFX.

Edited by HermanToothrot, 16 August 2015 - 01:55 PM.


Thanked by 2 Members:
allybster , masterjack

#7 junosexpert

junosexpert

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  • 9824 thanks
  • LocationJunos OS CLI

Posted 17 August 2015 - 02:08 AM

View PostHermanToothrot, on 15 August 2015 - 05:06 PM, said:

Do the beta vQFX files come with any information inside them that would identify who leaked it?  I ask, because someone "gifted" it to me yesterday, but was adamant that I please not share it with anyone.

I've already got it uploaded on Mega. I'm just waiting for a definitive answer before I post the link. I don't want to get my friend kicked out of the beta program, since he was nice enough to share the image file with me.

View Postmasterjack, on 16 August 2015 - 04:26 AM, said:

I agree with you ! is it possible for you to post the vQFX file names or package names ? ex: vQFX-domestic.vmdk or vQFX-***.qcow2

Juniper's other virtual devices also wont have such tracking so I dont think there would be any such tracking integrated in image.

#8 HermanToothrot

HermanToothrot

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • 17568 thanks
  • LocationMonkey Island

Posted 17 August 2015 - 04:14 AM

View Postjunosexpert, on 17 August 2015 - 02:08 AM, said:

Juniper's other virtual devices also wont have such tracking so I dont think there would be any such tracking integrated in image.

I hope you're right, or I'm a dead man... :cry:  

Hidden Content
You'll be able to see the hidden content once you press the thanks button.


Thanked by 213 Members:

#9 bironhudo

bironhudo

    Junior Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 1 posts
  • 2457 thanks

Posted 17 August 2015 - 10:58 AM

View PostHermanToothrot, on 17 August 2015 - 04:14 AM, said:

I hope you're right, or I'm a dead man... :cry:  

Thank you very much for sharing.

Is there any doc that shows how to evaluate it? The first vMX leaked image had a Word doc companion, so I'm guessing vQFX has its.

#10 kechik

kechik

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • 178 thanks

Posted 17 August 2015 - 11:20 AM

Hi HermanToothrot,


Thanks for your kindness to sharing this image...
kechik, proud to be a member of IT Certification Forum since Dec 2008.

#11 HermanToothrot

HermanToothrot

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • 17568 thanks
  • LocationMonkey Island

Posted 17 August 2015 - 01:27 PM

View Postbironhudo, on 17 August 2015 - 10:58 AM, said:

Thank you very much for sharing.

Is there any doc that shows how to evaluate it? The first vMX leaked image had a Word doc companion, so I'm guessing vQFX has its.

If it came with one, he didn't share it me.  I've been reading the free books on J-Net, and the O'Reilly MX, SRX, and QFX books, for what it's worth.

Edited by HermanToothrot, 17 August 2015 - 02:10 PM.


Thanked by 2 Members:
allybster , bironhudo

#12 bironhudo

bironhudo

    Junior Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 1 posts
  • 2457 thanks

Posted 17 August 2015 - 03:29 PM

View PostHermanToothrot, on 17 August 2015 - 01:27 PM, said:

If it came with one, he didn't share it me.  I've been reading the free books on J-Net, and the O'Reilly MX, SRX, and QFX books, for what it's worth.

Herman,

I have asked because I run it but no interface ge-* is showed only em*. Have you managed them to work? I tried with FreeBSD 32bit VM in VMware Fusion without success. The VM boots up however no interface ge-* is showed and when I command it to reboot I got a message the jpfe package is missing.

Thanked by 1 Member:
HermanToothrot

#13 HermanToothrot

HermanToothrot

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • 17568 thanks
  • LocationMonkey Island

Posted 17 August 2015 - 05:43 PM

View Postbironhudo, on 17 August 2015 - 03:29 PM, said:

Herman,

I have asked because I run it but no interface ge-* is showed only em*. Have you managed them to work? I tried with FreeBSD 32bit VM in VMware Fusion without success. The VM boots up however no interface ge-* is showed and when I command it to reboot I got a message the jpfe package is missing.

I noticed that, too, when I fired it up today.  He needed help with vMX and vSRX, so I remoted into his machine with TeamViewer, and got those two working, but I only watched him quickly configure 2 vQFX instances to make sure there was connectivity.  I'll ask him about it, if he shows up online today, since I want to learn how to use vQFX, too.

On a side note, has anyone else had trouble getting Juniper Sales Engineers or Alcatel-Lucent Sales contact you? It's like they just blew me off. *harumph*

*EDIT*

BTW, I'm not using it in Fusion. I run GNS3 in a Mint 17.2 VMware Workstation VM, and run almost all of my VMs in Qemu 2.4.0 with KVM enabled.

Edited by HermanToothrot, 17 August 2015 - 05:46 PM.


Thanked by 1 Member:
bironhudo

#14 nicolaus

nicolaus

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • 120 thanks

Posted 18 August 2015 - 12:23 PM

I don't think it's a QFX VM follow this cli output

Model:olive

Edited by nicolaus, 18 August 2015 - 12:39 PM.





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Organization

Community

Downloads

Test Providers

Site Info


Go to top