Jump to content


1
[Req]

Virtual MSE 7.0.xx



6 replies to this topic

#1 kem123

kem123

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • 118 thanks

Posted 03 September 2015 - 07:30 PM

Hello,

May I have any 7.0.xx version? Or any version which would work with WCS 7.0.240
I have found 8.1.120 on the internet, but it will not work with WCS, I believe...

Thx!

Edited by kem123, 03 September 2015 - 07:34 PM.


#2 CoolIslandSongs

CoolIslandSongs

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • 89385 thanks
  • Locationsw(config-line)#

Posted 03 September 2015 - 07:52 PM

I am working on finding the same thing myself.  I found an MSE 10. MSE 8-0-120-0.  And MSE 7-3-101-0.  

I can't get the 7-3-101-0 to deploy. How are you keeping your WCS server running?  Did you find a workout the 30 days?  

I got Prime Infrastructure to recognize my vWLC, but still don't know how to integrate WCS with vWLC without upgrading to Prime.

#3 kem123

kem123

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • 118 thanks

Posted 03 September 2015 - 08:00 PM

View PostCoolIslandSongs, on 03 September 2015 - 07:52 PM, said:

I am working on finding the same thing myself.  I found an MSE 10. MSE 8-0-120-0.  And MSE 7-3-101-0.  

I can't get the 7-3-101-0 to deploy. How are you keeping your WCS server running?  Did you find a workout the 30 days?  

I got Prime Infrastructure to recognize my vWLC, but still don't know how to integrate WCS with vWLC without upgrading to Prime.

I have found the same :D I am always obtaining a new trial license. I think I will need to upgrade to PI. I do not have that powerful server to run Win servers, ISE and MSE or even + vWLC (I got 2 phys WLC nodes) later on I will have CUCM too for voice.

#4 CoolIslandSongs

CoolIslandSongs

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • 89385 thanks
  • Locationsw(config-line)#

Posted 03 September 2015 - 08:35 PM

View Postkem123, on 03 September 2015 - 08:00 PM, said:

I have found the same :D I am always obtaining a new trial license. I think I will need to upgrade to PI. I do not have that powerful server to run Win servers, ISE and MSE or even + vWLC (I got 2 phys WLC nodes) later on I will have CUCM too for voice.

I've gotten one vWLC to run with PI and server 2003.  Anything else it too resource heavy.  How are you getting a new license?  New login??

It looks like the only available release of vMSE was 7.3.101.0 The other releases were deferred (known defects).  

https://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=284294864&flowid=31242&softwareid=282487503&release=7.2.103.0&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=ED&reltype=latest

Looking here:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/mse/3350/release/notes/mse7_3_101_0.html

There is not a known vMSE that works with WCS.  The only way around that is iExpert Rack Rental at proctorlabs.com for $250.  

You could do vMSE 7.3.101.0 and combine it with Prime Infrastructure 1.2.0.103 which would allow you to still use a WLC on 7.0.116.0 (the code the exam is based off of).  However, if you are trying to virtualize everything because that's how things should be done, then the lowest vWLC code you can use is: 7-3-101.

https://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=284464214&softwareid=280926587&release=8.0.120.0&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=ED&reltype=latest

________

Let's drop some links in this post for the items listed above.  That vWLC is available off of this site.  I have a link for the MSE.  I have found a link for PI 1.3 small.

Edited by CoolIslandSongs, 03 September 2015 - 08:44 PM.


Thanked by 1 Member:
kem123

#5 kem123

kem123

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • 118 thanks

Posted 03 September 2015 - 08:54 PM

View PostCoolIslandSongs, on 03 September 2015 - 08:35 PM, said:

I've gotten one vWLC to run with PI and server 2003.  Anything else it too resource heavy.  How are you getting a new license?  New login??

It looks like the only available release of vMSE was 7.3.101.0 The other releases were deferred (known defects).  

https://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=284294864&flowid=31242&softwareid=282487503&release=7.2.103.0&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=ED&reltype=latest

Looking here:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/mse/3350/release/notes/mse7_3_101_0.html

There is not a known vMSE that works with WCS.  The only way around that is iExpert Rack Rental at proctorlabs.com for $250.  

You could do vMSE 7.3.101.0 and combine it with Prime Infrastructure 1.2.0.103 which would allow you to still use a WLC on 7.0.116.0 (the code the exam is based off of).  However, if you are trying to virtualize everything because that's how things should be done, then the lowest vWLC code you can use is: 7-3-101.

https://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=284464214&softwareid=280926587&release=8.0.120.0&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=ED&reltype=latest

________

Let's drop some links in this post for the items listed above.  That vWLC is available off of this site.  I have a link for the MSE.  I have found a link for PI 1.3 small.

Does 7.3 vMSE work? please, give me a link to it.

I have 2504 and 4404 WLC's one of each. I have just downloaded PI1.3.0.20 small, would be nice to have vMSE 7.3. since 8.0 would need 2.2.2 what i could not find. I have also downloaded PI 3.0 but it will be too hw costly to run.

I just logged in a required a new enval license, WCS took it without any prob

Edited by kem123, 03 September 2015 - 09:08 PM.


#6 CoolIslandSongs

CoolIslandSongs

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • 89385 thanks
  • Locationsw(config-line)#

Posted 03 September 2015 - 09:43 PM

View Postkem123, on 03 September 2015 - 08:54 PM, said:

Does 7.3 vMSE work? please, give me a link to it.

I have 2504 and 4404 WLC's one of each. I have just downloaded PI1.3.0.20 small, would be nice to have vMSE 7.3. since 8.0 would need 2.2.2 what i could not find. I have also downloaded PI 3.0 but it will be too hw costly to run.

I just logged in a required a new enval license, WCS took it without any prob


MSE7.3 requires at least 8 CPU / cores.  I had to roll up to 10.0 to get a VM that supported less than that.  Prime 2.0 is easy to find.  However, there is no license for PI to add MSE available.  This is ----ing stupid Cisco.

#7 CoolIslandSongs

CoolIslandSongs

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • 89385 thanks
  • Locationsw(config-line)#

Posted 05 September 2015 - 12:21 AM

I've got PI 2.0.0.0.294 working with MSE 8.0.120.0 and vWLC 7.5.102 and some 1240 Series AP.  I'm going to try and add the ISE server to the mix.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Organization

Community

Downloads

Test Providers

Site Info


Go to top