#1 HamzahKhan

HamzahKhan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4 posts
  • 8 thanks
  • LocationLondon, United Kingdom

Posted 28 September 2015 - 04:43 PM

So, it's been a while since I studied for any certification, and to be honest I'm a little lost where to start.

I done CCNA a few years ago, but I was lucky and knew a lot of the contents already through working experience etc, but now that I want to start studying for CCNP, I'm a bit overwhelmed where to start.

Do you just pick-up the books, start reading through them, make notes and do practice labs?

What is your process?

I have already bought the CCNP Official Cert guides, but I'm just wondering what the best way to tackle this is. :)
RHCE / CCNA

#2 CoolIslandSongs

CoolIslandSongs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • 88304 thanks
  • Locationsw(config-line)#

Posted 05 October 2015 - 12:50 PM

View PostHamzahKhan, on 28 September 2015 - 04:43 PM, said:

So, it's been a while since I studied for any certification, and to be honest I'm a little lost where to start.

I done CCNA a few years ago, but I was lucky and knew a lot of the contents already through working experience etc, but now that I want to start studying for CCNP, I'm a bit overwhelmed where to start.

Do you just pick-up the books, start reading through them, make notes and do practice labs?

What is your process?

I have already bought the CCNP Official Cert guides, but I'm just wondering what the best way to tackle this is. ^_^

I'd start with videos and taking notes.  When the videos are showing you "live" interfaces and topologies, make the same one in GNS / UNL and follow along.  Do what they do.  When you get to stuff that doesn't make sense or you need more information on it, break out the book.  The books are technical manuals.  No one really expects you to read it cover to cover.  Once you've gone through the videos, start with different types of labs from stuff you find online.  Practice the things you are weak in.  CCNP is really not that hard.  It's just dense.  There are too many knowledge gaps between CCNA / CCNP, and you have to fill them in until your brain hurts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Organization

Community

Downloads

Test Providers

Site Info

Go to top