Razor00

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  • 69 thanks

Posted 12 April 2017 - 11:22 AM

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to find a solution for remotely accessing gns3 iou vm routers from internet.

So, here is what I have done till now.

I have currently gns3 1.5.2 installed running in Vmware workstation 12 and can successfully start iou devices.All I need is to access the iou devices from Internet. Can anyone please guide me step by step in this. It will be a great help as I am struggling to make it work.

Thanks

Thanked by 1 Member:
kados

#2 ajanu

ajanu

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts
  • 809 thanks

Posted 12 April 2017 - 02:58 PM

I think the best option for you is to find a remote login software like teamviewer, logmein, etc. There are open source ones too. Install it on the computer with the workstation and GNS3 1.5.2 server. Connect the computer to the internet and record the ID. With this you can go to another computer connected to the internet with the same application and login to your GNS3 computer.

#3 Razor00

Razor00

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  • 69 thanks

Posted 12 April 2017 - 03:51 PM

H Ajanu,

Thanks for replying.

I know about this workaround for remotely accessing GNS3. But this is not the flexible solution for me as I planning to implement it on cloud and want to access it via the server ip address.

I have achieved 75% completion in this but now I am facing another issue with the gns3 iou vm. The issue is I am unable to ping from my iou router to gns3 vm interface (eth0) usually vmnet1 interface. Ping from my host machine (win 10) to gns3vm ip is successful but ping from gnsvm iou router to gns3 vm ip is a complete failure. My firewall is turned off but still no success. I don't know what is the issue here.

Need suggestions to fix this.

THanks

#4 Razor00

Razor00

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  • 69 thanks

Posted 13 April 2017 - 07:07 AM

Hi,

Anyone who has found a fix for the ping issue with gns3 vm. Kindly help me out here

Thanks

#5 MohamedOkasha

MohamedOkasha

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2 posts
  • 234 thanks

Posted 26 April 2017 - 08:41 AM

have you find the solution
if not please replay and i will tell what to do
i have done this solution many times before

#6 copythatfloppy

copythatfloppy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 12 September 2017 - 09:54 PM

I've encountered a lot of problem with the way ARPs seem to be handled in GNS3 and the multi-level virtualization that's happening.
If you have any virtual switches in between your IOU router and the cloud for the interface in GNS3, I'd recommend replacing them, or put a hub in place of them to test with.
I had a similar problem with an ASA in GNS3 VM, once I replaced the switch between the ASA and the Cloud, everything started working.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Organization

Community

Downloads

Test Providers

Site Info

Go to top