40 replies to this topic

#1 victor9191

victor9191

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • 24511 thanks

Posted 25 June 2017 - 05:36 PM

It was very difficult for me to actually get a trial membership on their site so I decided to upload them here.

Juniper vSRX 15.1X49-D80.4
media-vsrx-vmdisk-15.1X49-D80.4.qcow2
media-vsrx-vmdisk-15.1X49-D80.4.ide.ova

Juniper vMX 17.2R1.13
vmx-bundle-17.2R1.13.tgz
vmx-bundle-esxi-17.2R1.13.tgz

Hidden Content
You'll be able to see the hidden content once you press the thanks button.

please do not mirror my links.

Edited by victor9191, 25 June 2017 - 06:59 PM.

Thanked by 1457 Members:

#2 da23ad

da23ad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts
  • 8649 thanks
  • LocationNext-Hop Islands

Posted 26 June 2017 - 03:49 AM

they're dead

Edited by da23ad, 26 June 2017 - 03:49 AM.

"The past is behind, learn from it. The future is ahead, prepare for it. The present is here, live it."
"Money never made a man happy yet, nor will it. The more a man has, the more he wants. Instead of filling a vacuum, it makes one."

Thanked by 3 Members:
mazragam , dionas , gentlebrother

#3 mavis

mavis

Advanced Member

• Super Moderators
  • 266 posts
  • 117972 thanks

Posted 26 June 2017 - 11:06 AM

Those link don't work.
Posted Image Do not post useless "thank you" post.
-> Please use the "Thanks" button as shown in the  announcements
-> Help us keep this forum clean by reporting spam / scam / non IT related posts.
-> Please use report button to report posts / users.
Posted Image For Group Buy visit our Group Buy Section.

Thanked by 2 Members:
paljianj , Jamal88

#4 HermanToothrot

HermanToothrot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • 17279 thanks
  • LocationMonkey Island

Posted 26 June 2017 - 06:21 PM

View Postmavis, on 26 June 2017 - 11:06 AM, said:

Those link don't work.

The KVM vSRX link works. I'm downloading it now.     NOTE: Removed rant about needing to disable adblocker.  The point remains that the download links for the KVM vSRX file worked for me.

Edited by HermanToothrot, 27 June 2017 - 04:35 AM.

Thanked by 1 Member:
gentlebrother

#5 victor9191

victor9191

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • 24511 thanks

Posted 26 June 2017 - 10:32 PM

View Postda23ad, on 26 June 2017 - 03:49 AM, said:

they're dead

links are working , bandwidth might be slow

#6 victor9191

victor9191

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • 24511 thanks

Posted 26 June 2017 - 10:32 PM

View PostHermanToothrot, on 26 June 2017 - 06:21 PM, said:

The KVM vSRX link works. I'm downloading it now.  I had to disable my ad-blocker, though (BOOOOO!).  I *hate* sites that require disabling ad-blockers, since they're notorious for not policing their ad networks.

EDIT:

If you want the KVM or ESXI versions of vMX 17.2R1.13, I linked to my uploads of them in a different thread a few days ago. (if the link to thread doesn't work right, the links are on page 9).

You really should create a burner gmail account, since the file host requires you to supply an email address to get the download link.  Sucks, but at least it's ad-free.

You also should read the EDITs I added in the same post, where I added my links.  Juniper changed two things in vMX 17.2r1.13, and they're annoying, but easily fixable.

i disabled the ad-blocker thing, sorry about tha

Thanked by 2 Members:
gentlebrother , kumaragurum

#7 HermanToothrot

HermanToothrot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • 17279 thanks
  • LocationMonkey Island

Posted 27 June 2017 - 04:33 AM

View Postvictor9191, on 26 June 2017 - 10:32 PM, said:

i disabled the ad-blocker thing, sorry about tha

Eh, no worries. Sites that require disabling adblockers (or places like zippyshare that open new browser tabs) are just a sore point for me. The root cause of my kneejerk reactions to them, is that  I used to hang out on Fark all the time and had my adblocker disabled, like a good little Farker, until several of their ads were malicious, and we had to raise unholy hell to get Drew to do anything about it. We provided multiple instances of proof, and Drew and the modmins handled the situation about as poorly as it possibly could be, so I get punchy about that stuff now.   I shouldn't have gone on about it in my post, since my intent was to prove that the links did work, unlike 2 people said.

EDIT: I removed the unnecessary rant.

Edited by HermanToothrot, 27 June 2017 - 04:36 AM.

Thanked by 1 Member:
p240510

#8 azarqan

azarqan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4 posts
  • 1085 thanks

Posted 30 June 2017 - 11:20 PM

what is the username and password for the VMs?

#9 HermanToothrot

HermanToothrot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • 17279 thanks
  • LocationMonkey Island

Posted 30 June 2017 - 11:32 PM

View Postazarqan, on 30 June 2017 - 11:20 PM, said:

what is the username and password for the VMs?

I haven't tried out the vSRX VM out yet, but  I know from grabbing vMX directly from Juniper, that the default login is always "root", without a password. You actually have to create one, before you can use "commit" to apply any changes. The old Firefly release of vSRX was the same, so I'd be a little surpised if it changed.

I do know that vQFX-10K comes from Juniper with root/Juniper preset.  You could always try that, if just "root" doesn't work.

If none of that works, you'll have to wait for subby to tell us what they set it to.

Edited by HermanToothrot, 30 June 2017 - 11:33 PM.

#10 azarqan

azarqan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4 posts
  • 1085 thanks

Posted 01 July 2017 - 12:25 AM

root works but it doesn't accept "cli" command.

#11 R2013

R2013

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
  • 4921 thanks
  • LocationFoReSt

Posted 01 July 2017 - 01:42 AM

I believe vMX is the best one for the practice...with EVE if you have 16GB RAM

for security vSRX

#12 HermanToothrot

HermanToothrot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • 17279 thanks
  • LocationMonkey Island

Posted 01 July 2017 - 03:47 AM

View Postazarqan, on 01 July 2017 - 12:25 AM, said:

root works but it doesn't accept "cli" command.

On the vMX bundle, or the vSRX file? I think the last time I tried the password recovery (or maybe it was factory default) that it failed, but that was with one of the old single-VM engineering leaks of vMX, not the public files.  

I'll fire up the vSRX file in a sec, and I've already got a boatload of tabs at Juniper's TechLibrary open, so I'll look up what the procedure is again, and I'll try it on this guy's vSRX, and with the vMX I got straight from Juniper.

#13 HermanToothrot

HermanToothrot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • 17279 thanks
  • LocationMonkey Island

Posted 01 July 2017 - 03:54 AM

View PostR2013, on 01 July 2017 - 01:42 AM, said:

I believe vMX is the best one for the practice...with EVE if you have 16GB RAM

for security vSRX

Technically, you can get away with 6GB RAM and 4 h/w threads spread across both VMs, in the minimal lab configuration. (2GB RAM and 1 thread for the vCP, and 4GB RAM and 3 threads for the vFP).  If you want to use it as a BGP RR, then you absolutely need 16GB RAM, and I forget how many threads/cores.  

I seriously need to update my PC, since I've got some rather large topologies I've been wanting to try out, but they involve multiple instances of vMX, vQFX-10K, NX-OSv 9K, and XRv 9000, as well as an assortment of other devices that can use less resources, and several server VMs.  My poor little i7-2600K Sandy Bridge and 32GB RAM ain't cutting it.

Sucks that AMD is selling Epyc at $4000 per chip. A 2P server, with between 512GB to 1TB RAM, and a large array of disks, would be perfect!

EDIT:  Something else that would be cool to try on a server with an insane amount of CPU, RAM, and a bonded pair of 10G interfaces, would be to compile the KVM version, and finally find out if we can finally make use of all those extra linecard and routing engine files. They added a new metadata-usb-service-pic.img with this release.  It would be neat to see if I could get 2 routing engines, 2 PICs, and several FPCs running at the same time.  Qemu has a hard limit of 4 slots, so we're kinda screwed there. I even tried using re0 and re1 one time, just to see if I have a routing engine in standby, but the VM still insisted there was only one.

Edited by HermanToothrot, 01 July 2017 - 04:16 AM.

Thanked by 1 Member:
leaper

#14 HermanToothrot

HermanToothrot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • 17279 thanks
  • LocationMonkey Island

Posted 01 July 2017 - 04:26 AM

View PostHermanToothrot, on 01 July 2017 - 03:47 AM, said:

On the vMX bundle, or the vSRX file? I think the last time I tried the password recovery (or maybe it was factory default) that it failed, but that was with one of the old single-VM engineering leaks of vMX, not the public files.  

I'll fire up the vSRX file in a sec, and I've already got a boatload of tabs at Juniper's TechLibrary open, so I'll look up what the procedure is again, and I'll try it on this guy's vSRX, and with the vMX I got straight from Juniper.

If you don't feel like waiting while I experiment with all that, it looks like my uploads of the KVM and ESXI bundles of vMX 17.2R1.13 over on filehosting are still on there. You'll want to make a burner gmail account really fast (if you don't already have several), since you have to supply them an email address, so they'll send you the download link.  The email part is annoying, and it's not super fast to download from, but upload links don't quickly die, like they do on Mega.  

I'm attempting to link directly to my post in that thread.

Thanked by 2 Members:
mazragam , hulabongo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Organization

Community

Downloads

Test Providers

Site Info

Go to top