[Req]

Anyone has the vMX 16.2R2 just released in July?

38 replies to this topic

#15 mavis

mavis

Advanced Member

• Super Moderators
  • 272 posts
  • 119596 thanks

Posted 25 July 2017 - 04:31 AM

All hail HermanToothrot !! I love this guy.

HermanToothrot's real life pic leaked http://imgur.com/a/rJPR4 :P

I would love to see a blog or a youtube channel by herman on the how-tos for all such images.

Edited by mavis, 25 July 2017 - 04:33 AM.

Posted Image Do not post useless "thank you" post.
-> Please use the "Thanks" button as shown in the  announcements
-> Help us keep this forum clean by reporting spam / scam / non IT related posts.
-> Please use report button to report posts / users.
Posted Image For Group Buy visit our Group Buy Section.

#16 HermanToothrot

HermanToothrot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • 17378 thanks
  • LocationMonkey Island

Posted 25 July 2017 - 04:57 AM

HAHA!  :D Make the dude bald with a beard, and you're not far off from what I actually look like.  

Once I finish up this contract job from hell (come hell or high-water, I'm finishing it tomorrow), and then get that draft guide sent off to SolarWinds for sign off and invoicing, I'm actually thinking about writing a blog.  I do help the ever awesome David Bombal with his video blogs sometimes, but it's always behinds the scenes stuff, since I'm camera shy.  I haven't decided if I'm going to host the blog in the gns3 blog section, or just get my own webhost, and strike out on my own.  Whenever I figure it out, I'll probably bury a link to it on here somewhere. ;)

EDIT:  In my skinny days, if I had a long red goatee, I looked an awful lot like Rusty Venture. Sitting in front of a desk all day helped put on the pounds. I need to get back down to between 185-200lbs (probably closer to 200, due to my height).

Edited by HermanToothrot, 25 July 2017 - 10:27 PM.

#17 wanzxj

wanzxj

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • 4134 thanks

Posted 25 July 2017 - 05:27 AM

View Postqianxingnan, on 25 July 2017 - 12:53 AM, said:

No worry Herman. Upload appears to be going fine so far. It's a huge file so we need patience. Hopefully that amount transfer won't put additional cost on your bill ^_^

Thanks,
Daniel

hi ,qianxingnan
can you provide vMX 17.2 and vSRX newest soft to your ftp server for download ? thanks!!!
HermanToothrot give download link can not download from my ISP.

#18 qianxingnan

qianxingnan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts
  • 104 thanks

Posted 25 July 2017 - 05:38 AM

View PostHermanToothrot, on 25 July 2017 - 02:23 AM, said:

It's done.  Well, SecureFX says it's finished.  Extract the tarball, import the required images into EVE, and make sure it works. If something is screwy, then I'll try re-uploading it again tomorrow.

The md5 hash for the tarball on my end is  56a644b6f631b86b5ba081f2dcdbc4cb (I used HashTab to calculate it, since using CertUtil in the Windows Cmd prompt is a bit annoying).

The tgz looks good and I was able to extract it. I will try load it into EVE-NG and see how it goes tomorrow. Thank again my friend.

Daniel

#19 HermanToothrot

HermanToothrot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • 17378 thanks
  • LocationMonkey Island

Posted 25 July 2017 - 05:30 PM

View Postqianxingnan, on 25 July 2017 - 05:38 AM, said:

The tgz looks good and I was able to extract it. I will try load it into EVE-NG and see how it goes tomorrow. Thank again my friend.

Daniel

Not a problem!  Happy to help when I can.

#20 HermanToothrot

HermanToothrot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • 17378 thanks
  • LocationMonkey Island

Posted 25 July 2017 - 05:31 PM

View Postwanzxj, on 25 July 2017 - 05:27 AM, said:

hi ,qianxingnan
can you provide vMX 17.2 and vSRX newest soft to your ftp server for download ? thanks!!!
HermanToothrot give download link can not download from my ISP.

That'll be up to him. I've got the KVM and ESXi bundles of 17.2 already, but I don't have any of the recent vSRX releases.  Someone posted a magnet link in one of these threads with the latest vSRX release, but I can never get them to work with KVM, only Workstation Pro.

#21 qianxingnan

qianxingnan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts
  • 104 thanks

Posted 25 July 2017 - 05:43 PM

View PostHermanToothrot, on 25 July 2017 - 05:31 PM, said:

That'll be up to him. I've got the KVM and ESXi bundles of 17.2 already, but I don't have any of the recent vSRX releases.  Someone posted a magnet link in one of these threads with the latest vSRX release, but I can never get them to work with KVM, only Workstation Pro.

I have the KVM  vMX 17.2 I will upload to it later today if you want but I am afraid I do not have the latest vSRX. Anyone can upload to that FTP server with the link I provided earlier if he has the software package.

Edited by qianxingnan, 25 July 2017 - 05:51 PM.

#22 HermanToothrot

HermanToothrot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • 17378 thanks
  • LocationMonkey Island

Posted 25 July 2017 - 06:00 PM

There's a download link for 15.1X49.D80.4 in this thread (no idea if the links are still up).

#23 qianxingnan

qianxingnan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts
  • 104 thanks

Posted 25 July 2017 - 06:48 PM

View PostHermanToothrot, on 25 July 2017 - 06:00 PM, said:

There's a download link for 15.1X49.D80.4 in this thread (no idea if the links are still up).

I may have this one. Is that the latest release? Anyone has tried it?

#24 HermanToothrot

HermanToothrot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • 17378 thanks
  • LocationMonkey Island

Posted 25 July 2017 - 07:11 PM

View Postqianxingnan, on 25 July 2017 - 06:48 PM, said:

I may have this one. Is that the latest release? Anyone has tried it?

Juniper never granted me access permissions for vSRX (just vMX and vQFX-10K trial downloads), so I don't know if that's the latest and greatest, or not, unfortunately,   The only reason I've got an older version of their NorthStar controller, and that other weird server, was that some kind soul posted them here.

#25 qianxingnan

qianxingnan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts
  • 104 thanks

Posted 26 July 2017 - 01:53 AM

View PostHermanToothrot, on 25 July 2017 - 07:11 PM, said:

Juniper never granted me access permissions for vSRX (just vMX and vQFX-10K trial downloads), so I don't know if that's the latest and greatest, or not, unfortunately,   The only reason I've got an older version of their NorthStar controller, and that other weird server, was that some kind soul posted them here.

I have uploaded vMX 17 and vSRX 15 to the same FTP server now.

There is a much newer vMX 16 on Juniper website now:

Application Package Checksum Release Format Size File Date
vMX ESXi MD5 SHA1 16.2R2 tgz 3,060,418,528 12 Jul 2017
vMX KVM MD5 SHA1 16.2R2 tgz 3,059,462,458 12 Jul 2017

Edited by qianxingnan, 26 July 2017 - 01:56 AM.

#26 mavis

mavis

Advanced Member

• Super Moderators
  • 272 posts
  • 119596 thanks

Posted 26 July 2017 - 03:45 AM

View PostHermanToothrot, on 25 July 2017 - 04:57 AM, said:

HAHA!  :D Make the dude bald with a beard, and you're not far off from what I actually look like.  

Once I finish up this contract job from hell (come hell or high-water, I'm finishing it tomorrow), and then get that draft guide sent off to SolarWinds for sign off and invoicing, I'm actually thinking about writing a blog.  I do help the ever awesome David Bombal with his video blogs sometimes, but it's always behinds the scenes stuff, since I'm camera shy.  I haven't decided if I'm going to host the blog in the gns3 blog section, or just get my own webhost, and strike out on my own.  Whenever I figure it out, I'll probably bury a link to it on here somewhere. ;)

EDIT:  In my skinny days, if I had a long red goatee, I looked an awful lot like Rusty Venture. Sitting in front of a desk all day helped put on the pounds. I need to get back down to between 185-200lbs (probably closer to 200, due to my height).

haha

give my regards to david bombal. i like his training videos (credits to you too) and i like his george clooney look :biggrin:
if you've got ample time then start a full fledged site, generate revenue. i am sure the site/blog will be more than just enabling certain images on gns/eve.
my 2 cents :)
good luck.
Posted Image Do not post useless "thank you" post.
-> Please use the "Thanks" button as shown in the  announcements
-> Help us keep this forum clean by reporting spam / scam / non IT related posts.
-> Please use report button to report posts / users.
Posted Image For Group Buy visit our Group Buy Section.

#27 HermanToothrot

HermanToothrot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • 17378 thanks
  • LocationMonkey Island

Posted 26 July 2017 - 06:20 AM

View Postmavis, on 26 July 2017 - 03:45 AM, said:

haha

give my regards to david bombal. i like his training videos (credits to you too) and i like his george clooney look :biggrin:
if you've got ample time then start a full fledged site, generate revenue. i am sure the site/blog will be more than just enabling certain images on gns/eve.
my 2 cents ^_^
good luck.

I'll pass that along to David. He's a real sweetheart, humble, and super-approachable, too.  He always replies to folks in his twitter feed, or the Youtube comments.  It can be a little tricky to catch him when he's got free time, since he's based out of the UK, he's always working on new videos, or spending time with his wife and kids.  Hopefully the Juniper and Ansible stuff I'll be working on for him starting Friday/Saturday will be a big help to him, since he's *always* getting requests for videos of those.

If the little blogs I start writing over on GNS3 are helpful to anybody, I might branch out and make my own site.  I'm pretty camera shy, I've got a deep, booming voice so I'll have to slightly alter the pitch of it. and after working with field techs, network techs, etc...over all these years,  I've gotten into the terrible habit of creatively cursing, even in just casual conversation. I really need to work on that.

Edited by HermanToothrot, 26 July 2017 - 06:21 AM.

#28 HermanToothrot

HermanToothrot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • 17378 thanks
  • LocationMonkey Island

Posted 26 July 2017 - 06:28 AM

View Postqianxingnan, on 26 July 2017 - 01:53 AM, said:

There is a much newer vMX 16 on Juniper website now:

Application Package Checksum Release Format Size File Date
vMX ESXi MD5 SHA1 16.2R2 tgz 3,060,418,528 12 Jul 2017
vMX KVM MD5 SHA1 16.2R2 tgz 3,059,462,458 12 Jul 2017

Well, crap. I missed that somehow. I grabbed 16.2R1 for you yesterday. Sorry about that!  

I wish Juniper would get around to releasing newer versions of vQFX, especially since the KVM version of the newer vRE was busted, and would crash for everybody.  We had to resort to pulling out the .,vmdk from the Vagrant version, to get it working again.  And it's still the same original vPFE.  *harumph!*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Organization

Community

Downloads

Test Providers

Site Info

Go to top