#15 TuPadre

TuPadre

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
  • 27361 thanks

Posted 21 September 2017 - 01:41 PM

View PostStarwalker, on 21 September 2017 - 08:43 AM, said:

IOU is better than vIOS, because it's very lightweight and requires much less resources.
IOU is better than Dynamips simply because Dynamips is outdated and cannot run IOS 15.x (with exception of early 15s for 7200 platform which still lack a lot of features)

Regarding EVE-NG vs GNS3 flame war - it's really a matter of taste. I run both and see only one advantage of EVE - it's clientless. But that advantage is HUGE.
I've us iou just a little bit and they only detect iou as Ethernet interfaces is that right??

#16 martek

martek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts
  • 10437 thanks

Posted 21 September 2017 - 05:35 PM

for RS u can use EVE or IOU-Web. Yes, those have issues with layer 1 Ethernet interfaces as there is no wiring.
martek, proud to be a member of IT Certification Forum since Feb 2009.

#17 wsucougs8

wsucougs8

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 24 September 2017 - 03:10 PM

EVE is easier to get up and running.  Pre-packages available.
+1 for EVE

#18 hrvoje031

hrvoje031

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3 posts
  • 2 thanks

Posted 26 September 2017 - 10:33 AM

Hello all,

i have problem with EVE-NG. When I import topology ( no matter which one) from this forum, and start the routers, my startup config is blank.
What am I doing wrong?  Where can I see full startup configuration.

Thanks in advance.

#19 cargostud

cargostud

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1 posts
  • 95 thanks

Posted 27 September 2017 - 10:35 PM

I just wanted to say thanks for this question and topic.  I've been using GNS3 and I've heard about EVE but never tried it.  Sounds like its totally worth giving a shot.

#20 Toghrul

Toghrul

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts
  • 551 thanks

Posted 02 October 2017 - 09:49 PM

I also tried EVE-NG, GNS3 is much more easy to use ,for me. Current version of GNS is great. In gns3 99% you don't touch to gns3-vm CLI.It has also one click import of config files.Supports IOU and kvm based images,in addition to,any virtual machine can easily be integrated.While preparing for written exam, I did ine technologies labs in gns3.
10 routers connected to one switch. One click import of config files and lab is ready,

Eve-ng I will used for pre-prepared labs.Btw,it must be deployed in vm,there is no other way.Even in linux box (as I know). But gns3 can be built in linux host (ubuntu 16.04 etc) natively without any vm deployment.This is excellent for whom who has lower resources in its PC,noutbook.

#21 newtrojan

newtrojan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2 posts
  • 4 thanks

Posted 12 October 2017 - 12:19 AM

I just installed EVE-NG and it looks promising.

Where I could find the prebuilt labs.

#22 pk12345644

pk12345644

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • 17 thanks

Posted 14 October 2017 - 06:53 AM

For quick lab - GNS3, for CCIE lab practice - iouweb/eve-ng/UNL for me.

#23 JamesSantos

JamesSantos

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • 11 thanks

Posted 25 November 2017 - 05:32 PM

If you have a bit of linux skills, I recommend eve ng and  connect all the virtual routers to the host (via pnet cloud).
From there you can push the configurations to all the routers via ansible and will be able to switch from one lab task to another very easyly (push config as startup-config to all devices, restart all the topology (eve ng has a simple api, so you can program that very easily) and voila, new topology ready).

I can pass you the scripts and give you tips. just pm me.

ta

Thanked by 2 Members:
ukhan786 , azeemkm20

#24 vertigoo

vertigoo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9 posts
  • 2 thanks

Posted 08 January 2018 - 10:14 PM

Hello in my opinion GNS3, However, I could NOT find any preloaded lab on EVE so NOT sure.

#25 ahmadagha123

ahmadagha123

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • 12 thanks

Posted 01 February 2018 - 09:27 PM

Hi guys and thanks for this topic.
I am about to start using a tool for preparing LAB but I am in doubt between Rack rental sites and softwares such as EVE.
I am more into rackrental sites since I don't have a good hardware and I don't want to have any bug while testing. There is a website which offers INE rack rentals called ccierackrentals.com . in this site , token prices are much cheaper than the INE site.
Has anyone had an experience of using that site?

#26 ukhan786

ukhan786

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 25 February 2018 - 02:54 AM

Can you send me the tips and scripts for Eve-NG and Iou-Web please

#27 patmopp

patmopp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts
  • 7 thanks
  • LocationPARIS

Posted 25 February 2018 - 03:02 AM

Can you send me the tips and scripts for Eve-NG and Iou-Web please
Thanks

#28 voutrin

voutrin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • 1152 thanks

Posted 01 March 2018 - 05:28 PM

View Postahmadagha123, on 01 February 2018 - 09:27 PM, said:

Hi guys and thanks for this topic.
I am about to start using a tool for preparing LAB but I am in doubt between Rack rental sites and softwares such as EVE.
I am more into rackrental sites since I don't have a good hardware and I don't want to have any bug while testing. There is a website which offers INE rack rentals called ccierackrentals.com . in this site , token prices are much cheaper than the INE site.
Has anyone had an experience of using that site?

Hi
ahmadagha123

thank you for the tip. I haven't tried this but I can help out with another link:

Hidden Content
You'll be able to see the hidden content once you press the thanks button.

ccierackrentals.com offers $0.68 per hour, cloudmylab offers this for $0.1 per hour for simmilar bulk ammount of lab hours

plus - cloudmylab offered a trial - 10 tokens or 10 hours for free to try their service (can;t find that option now)

give it a go and share your opinion

thanks
voutrin

Thanked by 90 Members:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Organization

Community

Downloads

Test Providers

Site Info

Go to top