2 replies to this topic

#1 jaysonjones06

jaysonjones06

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • 3593 thanks

Posted 06 December 2017 - 04:25 PM

Currently is the MCSA still as relevant as it once was in the early 2000s. Obviously studying for ANY certification exam will be beneficial for the knowledge gained. My question is, are the certifications really worth it with today's cloud environments? This is for my friend who is a young help desk and I want to make sure I give her "relevant" information that's current in today's computing world. Thanks!

#2 monk3h

monk3h

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1 posts
  • 2 thanks

Posted 20 December 2017 - 10:00 AM

I'm an IT veteran with lots of certifications under my belt and I would certainly recommend continuous studying for exams throughout the lifetime of your IT career. Technology is moving more quickly with the advent of cloud so I would definitely focus in that area more than on-prem systems.

You will always get people who have carved out a career based on 'experience' who say that they're worthless but I generally find that the people who put in the long hours reading 600+ page exam study guides will build a better foundation and will go further in the long run. Those 'experienced' nay-sayers tend to make excuses about further study or don't hold any modern certifications.

In terms of MCSA being relevant I don't think it will hold the same power that it might have done 10 years ago but it is a worthwhile endeavour nonetheless and will always be a useful talking point on your resume at interviews.

Thanked by 1 Member:
Monk Psycho

#3 Monk Psycho

Monk Psycho

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3 posts
  • 5 thanks

Posted 23 December 2017 - 02:02 PM

it's still very popular in enterprise it and benefical for helpdesk jobs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users