What are the advantages of CCIE owners on the site of cisco.com?

11 replies to this topic

#1 avashihmin

avashihmin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 17 April 2018 - 11:52 AM

What are the advantages of CCIE owners on the site of cisco.com?
can they download IOS files?

#2 andrewvn

andrewvn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8 posts
  • 3623 thanks

Posted 17 April 2018 - 12:49 PM

absolutely not, IOS is for sale

#3 mavis

mavis

Advanced Member

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • 89398 thanks

Posted 17 April 2018 - 01:09 PM

Nothing!
No.
-> Do not post useless "thank you" post.
-> Please use the "Thanks" button as shown in the  announcements
-> Help us keep this forum clean by reporting spam / scam / non IT related posts.
-> Please use report button to report posts / users.

Posted Image Beware of Scammers!!

#4 roadtobccie

roadtobccie

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • 8 thanks

Posted 18 April 2018 - 07:32 PM

you can easily get all the ios images for free online or from eve you can extract it everything is there

#5 abanalaccie

abanalaccie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts
  • 599 thanks

Posted 26 April 2018 - 08:38 PM

i guess you can open case directly with the Tac no ?

#6 certDude865c

certDude865c

Advanced Member

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts
  • 8417 thanks
  • LocationSan Jose, CA

Posted 27 April 2018 - 05:33 AM

Yeah, you can open cases at a higher level directly.
You also have access to the special CCIE shop (lol, you didn't pay enough for your certification ;-p ).
Since last year, you have access to the "Continuing Education Program".
And...That's all I guess.

Edited by certDude865c, 27 April 2018 - 05:34 AM.

“Live as if you were to die tomorrow.
Learn as if you were to live forever.”

#7 Dedo222

Dedo222

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
  • 474 thanks

Posted 29 April 2018 - 01:47 PM

View PostcertDude865c, on 27 April 2018 - 05:33 AM, said:

Yeah, you can open cases at a higher level directly.

Everybody can open higher level cases directly, you do not need to be a CCIE to open a P1. There is process how to do this. You need a valid contract to open a case.

Kind Regards

#8 certDude865c

certDude865c

Advanced Member

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts
  • 8417 thanks
  • LocationSan Jose, CA

Posted 29 April 2018 - 03:27 PM

View PostDedo222, on 29 April 2018 - 01:47 PM, said:

to open a P1.
Wasn't speaking about priority here ;-)
By higher, I meant that with a CCIE, you contact directly an engineer, not a level 1 support technician.

#9 popyjos

popyjos

Vmware Technologies Expert.

• Technical Expert
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • 900 thanks

Posted 29 April 2018 - 04:02 PM

In my objective (not subjective) experience Dedo222 is completely right. Everybody with a valid contract can open TAC cases (with any priority you choose) and speak directly with an engineer. In fact off this same experience I can tell  no matter if you are a CCIE x Infinite you can not open cases if you do not have a valid contract.
Again this is my completely objective experience

Corolary: CCIEs don't have any advantage. In every CCIE recert exam I always write the same sentence (in the survey comments): "Hey Cisco: You don't protect CCIE investment at all. The ROI of obtaining your CCIE = 0.  You are pure crap"

But well is my experience. In this forum there are other experiences even so mystical that say CCIE has changed their life.

Edited by popyjos, 29 April 2018 - 04:21 PM.

#10 certDude865c

certDude865c

Advanced Member

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts
  • 8417 thanks
  • LocationSan Jose, CA

Posted 30 April 2018 - 05:57 AM

View Postpopyjos, on 29 April 2018 - 04:02 PM, said:

But well is my experience. In this forum there are other experiences even so mystical that say CCIE has changed their life.

Maybe your enterprise have a CCIE and you don't know it ;-)  
Or they managed to get some secret high priced contract with Cisco, I don't know.

Anyway, it's officially stated by Cisco here : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/training-events/training-certifications/certifications/expert/ccie-program.html
On the "Technical Service Requests (Case Routing)" section.

#11 popyjos

popyjos

Vmware Technologies Expert.

• Technical Expert
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • 900 thanks

Posted 30 April 2018 - 06:28 AM

Thank you certDude865c for the information.

Nevertheless this is just marketing. When one customer claimed about the performance of their NG-FW (PA, FirePower etc) I should have to send them the web page stating the specs of the device. We know one thing is what an advertising says and another the reality bites

The official specs of everything is far away from real life. Reminds me about the song from Marillion BEAUTIFUL. CCIE is like the song from Marillion:  BEAUTIFUL !

MARILLION --- BEAUTIFUL
---------------------------------------
Everybody knows that we live in a world
Where they give bad names to beautiful things
Everybody knows that we live in a world
Where we don't give beautiful things a second glance
Heaven only knows that we live in a world
Where what we call beautiful is just something on sale
People laughing behind their hands
While the fragile and the sensitive are given no chance

Edited by popyjos, 30 April 2018 - 06:34 AM.

#12 Dedo222

Dedo222

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
  • 474 thanks

Posted 30 April 2018 - 04:38 PM

View PostcertDude865c, on 29 April 2018 - 03:27 PM, said:

Wasn't speaking about priority here ;-)
By higher, I meant that with a CCIE, you contact directly an engineer, not a level 1 support technician.

Hello certDude865c

You are not right at all. There is a process to open a tack case. First, you go to the Cisco WEB TAC portal and open a case attached all the data and diagrams. Secon you can call the Cisco TAC phone numbers and increase the priority. At the same time, they are giving you an engineer. There is no such person as a support technician, the level 1 is also engineers. When the case comes on the team queue there is technology team lead and he assigns the case based on the description and complexity to the right person it can be Level 1, 2, or 3. This is the reason why you have to describe the case very precisely I mean to describe what is the issue, what you test, what the debug is showing and what research you did on the internet (possible bugs similar to what you see but in different versions). In case your description is very precise you can have L3 Engineer at the beginning but this depends on your problem. In case that your problem is not complex, you will have an L1 engineer working with you.

90% of the TAC cases do not have a good description and go to L1 or L2. So, please spend time before opening a TAC case and you will have CCIE to work on your cases if they are complex.

Technical Service Requests (Case Routing)

Service requests made to Cisco Technical Support (TS) by CCIEs in good standing, on behalf of an organization with a valid support contract, will be routed directly to the more experienced core TS support engineers. Routing is done automatically based on Cisco User ID; no special phone number or URL is required. This special benefit to access to Cisco’s top level engineering support is provided to CCIEs due to their demonstrated expertise; and requires that the CCIE remain engaged in such matters toward resolution. For more information, contact Cisco Technical Support.

The misuse of this CCIE TAC case privilege and TAC Support Services is considered a violation of the Candidate Certification and Confidentiality Agreement (NDA), and sanctions up to and including permanent decertification may result for noncompliance.

As you can see if you do not have a valid support contract even a CCIE cannot open a TAC case.

Kind Regards
Dedo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Organization

Community

Downloads

Test Providers

Site Info

Go to top