Guys, whats your advice to get pass from 1st attemp ?

12 replies to this topic

#1 eraymus

eraymus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • 15 thanks

Posted 05 July 2018 - 03:13 AM

Dears
   for those who experienced 1st Attempt and failed,

whats your advice to get pass 1st Attempt ?

Regards

#2 petrovg

petrovg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
  • 55 thanks

Posted 05 July 2018 - 03:54 PM

CLN (360)

#3 certDude865c

certDude865c

Advanced Member

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPip
  • 270 posts
  • 8099 thanks
  • LocationSan Jose, CA

Posted 05 July 2018 - 04:48 PM

• Take your time : Don't try to pass after 3 months, you won't be ready
  • Masterize the theory : You MUST know everything flawlessly if you have to quickly troubleshoot whatever mistakes you did on the config section
  • Practice on everything you can
  • On the final 3 months, practice daily the reals configs
  • Don't forget : Your worst ennemy is yourself.
    • The mistakes you insert during the config even after doing the same real config multiple times are harder to troubleshoot than the troubleshooting section itself
    • Managing your stress is maybe the hardest thing on the first attempt

“Live as if you were to die tomorrow.
Learn as if you were to live forever.”

#4 myshafali

myshafali

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
  • 4330 thanks

Posted 05 July 2018 - 04:58 PM

Its only and only you who can help you pass in 1st attempt. You panic during exam, and you fail if you don't recover in time.

#5 pluto407

pluto407

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts
  • 3 thanks

Posted 05 July 2018 - 05:47 PM

View Postpetrovg, on 05 July 2018 - 03:54 PM, said:

CLN (360)

Agree on this + really get into the topics outlined in the "exam topics" listed on the Cisco website.

#6 scxx

scxx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 05 July 2018 - 07:02 PM

Making sure you know the topics inside and out is up to you but make sure you take care of the other things like resting well before the night before the exam, eating a good breakfast, getting to the test center ahead of time,etc.

#7 ramindia

ramindia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • 4984 thanks

Posted 05 July 2018 - 07:20 PM

View Posteraymus, on 05 July 2018 - 03:13 AM, said:

Dears
   for those who experienced 1st Attempt and failed,

whats your advice to get pass 1st Attempt ?

Regards

HARD work ! Do not rely on dumps, it helps only 30% rest all you Practice and understand.

R!

#8 Madog777

Madog777

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9 posts
  • 10 thanks

Posted 06 July 2018 - 01:08 PM

How long does it take to prepare for the Lab exam (on average)? I have a good experience with real R&S and troubleshooting in real life networks

#9 eraymus

eraymus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • 15 thanks

Posted 11 July 2018 - 03:54 AM

thanks to your advice guys ,,

what about the LAB environment tools ?
keyboards , Screens (i've heard there should be 2 screens)

how to use them to the most extent ?

#10 raptoriks

raptoriks

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
  • 12 thanks

Posted 11 July 2018 - 12:56 PM

Hi eraymus

There 2 screens, putty for console tweaked to open on top of other windows on same screen and never goes back to browser page and NOTEPAD (yes regular notepad)

About studies
All people are telling is 1000% true, but mastering to make it even more clear - you need to be prepared this way when someone wakes you up during the night and gives you the TSHOOT diagram you see it first time for example - you just solve it
Just by knowing the commands - makes you maximum a CCNP level, to be able to sole issues and maybe propose at least 2-3 new solutions how it could be done - that will make you ready for this exam
Don't be scared for what I said - generally hard work and a lot of training, will do the job anyway

Now about details - when you do your labs, do them 2-3 times and brake them on purpose and after solve them again (here I mean combo labs and not each technology separately)

Now about the exam itself - do not risk and take mobile lab
Mane people may tell you different things but I had at least one for me and heard multiple others - mobile lab is slow, makes you even more stressed

About LAB strategy
most likely you will see real (or close to real) preconfigs by the time you'll get to the LAB - do not ever rely on them 100%
Is very rare when all works well and you will get exactly what you got at home, most of the time you will get something different and those things will make you stressed and you will start to do mistakes.
Sometimes those ( how you will think small) mistakes can make you fail. This happens because you usually start fixing something and it doesn't work so you change some configs and after change or delete others, so by the end you will do a lot of changes and you will not know what was initially. But exam tells you not to change anything and only to add needed config
So be prepared to know exactly what you changed and in case of something to revert it back

#11 delideli12345

delideli12345

Advanced Member

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts
  • 98617 thanks

Posted 11 July 2018 - 01:12 PM

get used to working on notepad. get used to it by heart. you type, check, re-check and at the end apply the configs.

#12 eraymus

eraymus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • 15 thanks

Posted 14 July 2018 - 02:42 AM

it is good to use 1 Screen for LAB Topology and 2nd for Config ?

#13 duckRabbit

duckRabbit

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • 3 thanks

Posted 14 July 2018 - 07:33 AM

Hello. Unfortunately, my first attempt was fail.
I use mobile lab and I agree - this is slow.
Also I agree about your nervous - it's very hard to be a easy-tempered during CONF part.
And my major advice - don't prepare alone, try to find study group and correlate study materials with group member's feedbacks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Organization

Community

Downloads

Test Providers

Site Info

Go to top