#1 quox

quox

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • 10 thanks
  • LocationAsia

Posted 09 August 2018 - 11:26 AM

Hi. Please share your experience with online training or eBay materials for CCIE R&S lab.

Among the CCIE forums, I found that Spoto, 591lab, and ccie4carrer are famous for providing realistic training. Former two vendors seem to be related, offer decent training but pricy. C4C seems affordable pricing. Some people sell the study kit on eBay as well. Most people expect not only the answer to the tasks but also some explanation for better understandings and really need a continuous support in the unfortunate situation of fail.

Also, Is it common to provide the personal info? I am happy to give them an honest feedback but no one wants to give out the personal info, especially for online providers.

By the way, I just started for CCIE lab preparation, downloaded some great shared materials (appreciated!), made my home eve-ng lab on ESXi, and now I am almost lost my way how to continue the study. Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanked by 4 Members:
FurryGurry92 , engi888 , elliotnxo , siva0111

#2 kansukre

kansukre

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • 61 thanks

Posted 09 August 2018 - 03:23 PM

Best way to study is breaking down the curriculum in pieces base on technology for example EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, ISIS, Layer 2 VLAN, Port-Channel, Trunk, VTP, MPLS, DMVPN,  VPN layer 2 layer 2 ect then you mix these technplogies to bigger scale of labs

Thanked by 2 Members:
FurryGurry92 , quox

#3 gti25

gti25

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • 2 thanks

Posted 09 August 2018 - 07:50 PM

Yeah the best way is to study each technology individually. You could follow some workbook like INE or Narbik and once you become comfortable with the materials only then it makes sense to move onto Spoto, C4C material

Thanked by 1 Member:
quox

#4 quox

quox

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • 10 thanks
  • LocationAsia

Posted 10 August 2018 - 11:59 AM

Thanks, guys. I know about L2 switching already so am comfy to try Spoto L2 part. Let me continue to learn L3 technology and further then try the full lab later this month, hopefully.
Now I am going to work with these two:
- CCNP ROUTE Lab Manual - Cisco Press
- CCIE v5.1 Foundations: Bridging the Gap Between CCNP and CCIE

I felt that INE CCIE R&S workbook is going little by little every lab but Cisco Press scenarios are more comprehensive.

Thanks again for your advice.

#5 Mikebedford568

Mikebedford568

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts
  • 1 thanks

Posted 12 August 2018 - 01:00 AM

If you can get your hands on the INE workbook work through that, it will help you out the most. Only downside is it's 1800~ pages

Thanked by 1 Member:
quox

#6 aliakk2016

aliakk2016

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts
  • 3 thanks

Posted 13 August 2018 - 09:12 AM

lets start with study group

Thanked by 3 Members:
FurryGurry92 , cgarzon1922 , quox

#7 raptoriks

raptoriks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  • 285 thanks

Posted 15 August 2018 - 02:56 AM

View Postquox, on 10 August 2018 - 11:59 AM, said:

Thanks, guys. I know about L2 switching already so am comfy to try Spoto L2 part. Let me continue to learn L3 technology and further then try the full lab later this month, hopefully.
Now I am going to work with these two:
- CCNP ROUTE Lab Manual - Cisco Press
- CCIE v5.1 Foundations: Bridging the Gap Between CCNP and CCIE

I felt that INE CCIE R&S workbook is going little by little every lab but Cisco Press scenarios are more comprehensive.

Thanks again for your advice.

My advice - finish all parts separately and only after go to SPOTO

SPOTO is like Mock LAB

When you study for CCIE - expression like "I know about L2 switching already" looks a bit stupid (SORRY for my expression

Thanked by 2 Members:
quox , engi888

#8 engi888

engi888

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  • 6063 thanks
  • LocationTokyo

Posted 18 August 2018 - 02:08 PM

View Postraptoriks, on 15 August 2018 - 02:56 AM, said:

My advice - finish all parts separately and only after go to SPOTO

SPOTO is like Mock LAB

When you study for CCIE - expression like "I know about L2 switching already" looks a bit stupid (SORRY for my expression
Million dollar advise. That is how I learned watching INE videos 300 hours from CCNA-CCNP-CCIE, watching and repeating videos, countless hours spent on lab set up. Unfortunately now is not the case in India, where vendor promise riches and fortunes after CCIE to secondary student and freshers in our local universities. No field experience, no structured, disciplined learning, and never seen a switch or hardware data-center equipment in their life. Very grim story in my city- where employers afraid to hire CCIE certs.

Thanked by 2 Members:
raptoriks , quox

#9 quox

quox

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • 10 thanks
  • LocationAsia

Posted 18 August 2018 - 08:39 PM

Interesting. I heard a story at the job interview, "Okay you have CCNA RS cert. Great. Now please log in to the router via SSH with these credentials." and no one knew how to do that;)
I did not imagine the same for CCIEs.

View Postraptoriks, on 15 August 2018 - 02:56 AM, said:

I know. You are exactly right.
Realized to need learning hard the basics once again.

#10 raptoriks

raptoriks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  • 285 thanks

Posted 19 August 2018 - 01:33 AM

And I understand employers who are afraid to hire CCIE's
I saw situation when I "real CCIE" who studied with dumps screwed the interview on a basic questions for OSPF or a CCNA question about packet passing through switch and router and what changes in L2 and L3 header addressess

I also don't understand the guys who are doing dumps on written and after taking right away dumps from SPOTO on LAB
This cheating will maximum help until first serious situation in your work. This is where you really will show you face ))))

I've studied for example for last 4 years - but heavily, changed couple of jobs - but nothing is beating experience

So just a CCIE in your CV will make HR/Recruiter to select your CV and read it but nothing more

And one more BIG THING - you will almost never will work in 100% pure R&S environments.
Be prepared for security, wireless, datacenter  from other vendors also

In my 10+ years of experience (only last 6 in networking) - I had also to touch and near networking ares (be prepared to do system administration and sometimes HELP DESK :)   )
But this is the beauty of networking - you really touch all connected to the network

And one more advice to QUOX - when you have a doubt on something, you lab it separately in all possible ways.

I had similar issues with BGP and MPLS
After I LAB'ed it for additional couple of weeks - I understood that the topic is so easy and the logic behind is like 2+2 :)

So rock it

And when you have questions that you are really stuck and on Cisco documentation is not always easy to understand - we are HERE !!!

Thanked by 3 Members:
certboy222 , engi888 , quox

#11 engi888

engi888

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  • 6063 thanks
  • LocationTokyo

Posted 19 August 2018 - 03:22 AM

View Postraptoriks, on 19 August 2018 - 01:33 AM, said:

And I understand employers who are afraid to hire CCIE's
I saw situation when I "real CCIE" who studied with dumps screwed the interview on a basic questions for OSPF or a CCNA question about packet passing through switch and router and what changes in L2 and L3 header addressess

I also don't understand the guys who are doing dumps on written and after taking right away dumps from SPOTO on LAB
This cheating will maximum help until first serious situation in your work. This is where you really will show you face ))))

I've studied for example for last 4 years - but heavily, changed couple of jobs - but nothing is beating experience

So just a CCIE in your CV will make HR/Recruiter to select your CV and read it but nothing more

And one more BIG THING - you will almost never will work in 100% pure R&S environments.
Be prepared for security, wireless, datacenter  from other vendors also

In my 10+ years of experience (only last 6 in networking) - I had also to touch and near networking ares (be prepared to do system administration and sometimes HELP DESK ^_^   )
But this is the beauty of networking - you really touch all connected to the network

And one more advice to QUOX - when you have a doubt on something, you lab it separately in all possible ways.

I had similar issues with BGP and MPLS
After I LAB'ed it for additional couple of weeks - I understood that the topic is so easy and the logic behind is like 2+2 ^_^

So rock it

And when you have questions that you are really stuck and on Cisco documentation is not always easy to understand - we are HERE !!!
Case in point, your conscious and the inner voice- the guilt trip. Promises of riches and fortune is a far-cry.  Whatever paths you have taken- one day will pay huge price. Again advise to study first, before JUMPING on 591LAB or SPOTO. I have used their services due to company requirements for GOLD-PARTNER. End of day, experience and sweat out everyday on learning various technologies that are touching our networks is the key.

Thanked by 1 Member:
quox

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Organization

Community

Downloads

Test Providers

Site Info

Go to top