TS2 // H3++ Diag // H2+ Config >>> Got the Magic number!!

57 replies to this topic

#1 mrigendra

mrigendra

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • 53 thanks

Posted 24 December 2018 - 05:52 PM

Experts,

I appeared for the lab exam on Dec-20th and i managed to clear the exam and got that magic number.

My purpose of sharing this feedback is:
> To give you the feel of "how it feels to be in the exam room." <It's only for those who are appearing for the first time>
> Exam feedback <It's for all>

So, how it is different to be in the exam room?
Well the experience is altogether a different one with respect to the other exams you may have ever given. It's an 8 hrs long exam, which could be very exhausting.
You start with Tshoot which is 2 hrs long, but you can borrow 30 mins from the config section. So, maximum 150 mins you get for the tshoot. After that you get Diag
just after finishing the tshoot. And post that you get the config, which you are suppose to finish before the day closure. You heard me right, before the day closure.
Because there is no timer ticking in for the config, and if you manage to save time from tshoot then you add all those extra time into your config section.

Here i will explain, how it works:
1> For example, you start your exam by 8:30 AM then you will end your day @ 5:00 PM, which gives you 8:30 hrs. That includes 30 mins lunch break and excludes your
personal breaks. So, if you start @ 8:30 and managed to finish by 10:00, then immediately you start you diag which will last till 10:30. And sharp at 10:30 you will
start your config. With that, you get total 6 hrs config time and 30 min lunch break. If your proctor is good and allows you to get back into the room in 15 mins,
then you get 6:15 hrs.

2> Now, if you start your exam @ 8:30 and finish you tshoot by 11:00 then you will be able to finish the Diag by 11:30 and that gives you 5 hrs of config time.

My observation:
++ There is no hardlines between any section. You finish one and then jump into the next when you are ready. You are supposed to press the "BEGIN LAB" button to get into
the section. If you don't press that button, nothing will start. So, better don't waste much time between the sections.
++ excluding the Tshoot and Diag, there is no timers in Config section.
++ The whole lab setup is hosted on Citrix server, so you may expect the latency (not much) in the monitor and you get a typical keyboard for typing. Which may reduce your timings by 10-15 mins. So, better get yourself used
to the keyboard and mouse.
++ You can open multiple terminal sessions for each router and sometimes that confuses a lot. So, better close the session as soon as you are done with the console. and
DO NOT FORGET TO SAVE THE CONFIG.

Exam Feedback:

I got TS2 // Diag H3++ // H2+ config

TS2:
Ticket-1
>> Issue was with VACL in 400/401 and Lease timer in R40.

Ticket-2
>> Issue with OSPF cost in SW110

Ticket-3
>> ACL fault in R12/13 and had to change to ospf cost in one switch to get the desired trace.
In the trace i was getting one AS1999 between the R12-22 and R13-23, but in the exam trace it wasn't there.
To fix this, i had to advertise the network between R12-22 and R13-23 into the BGP in R12/13 router.

Ticket-4
>> LP route-map in R20/21

Ticket-5
>> OSPF network type issue on R14,51 and R60.

Ticket-6
>> Advertise the vlan2001 into the BGP in R15.

Ticket-7
>> R5 interface in wrong ospf proc ID and import/export issues on the router.

Ticket-8
>> missing command under the VLANs "ip dhcp relay info trusted" and dhcp lease time on R30 and passive interface issue.

Ticket-9
>> R71, wrong tunnel key.

Ticket-10
>> IP nat outside wrong mapping on R24/25.

My experience:
I had managed to finish all the above tickets within 1:40 hrs. And since i had enough time, so i started to run the traces again. And
to my surprise, my first solved ticket failed. User-4 couldn't ping R40. It had the IP and the route was there, but it was just not able
to ping the R40 loopback. After some analysis, i figured out that the issue was triggered due to lease. Though i had removed the lease
from R40, but the IP which got assigned to User4 still had that less lease time. So, to fix that i had to flap the interface once, so that
the new IP gets assigned with the longer lease time. As soon as i did that, no more issues seen. I did the same in all the users, which had
that lease issue.

Take away: Please make sure that you test all your pings/traces at the end of fixing all the tickets to be 100% sure. You need to make sure
that everything is working as expected when you submit your exam.

H2+ Config:
It was all same as given in the latest SPOTO WB. Do not try to mug up, until unless its highly required. But there is a logical explanation
of whatever spoto has done. So, better try to understand.
Only additional config i had done was "neighbor x.x.x.x weight 44444" on R55/56 towards the ebgp neighbors. Rest was all same as per the given
in the exam.

++ Scratch OSPF config in Jamesons DC needs to be done. Rest, core, HQ and Main site has it already.
++ Need to configure BGP on remote gateways (15/16/11/12/13/14)
++ Core has the OSPF config in it, need to bring the BGP and vpnv4 peering. MPLS is also already there, but verify.
++ JACOBS named mode config needs to be done manually.
++ IBGP between 50/51/52 is there, but when you remove the AS65006 and put back the 65001 then better establish the iBGP between 50/51/52. And vpnv4 peering between R1 and R50/51/52.
++ I added Weight in 55/56 towards the ebgp neighbor to make 55/56 as preferred exit point.
++ R58 already had the redistribution so nothing required there. But in R55/56 redistribution was there but configured wrongly, so had to correct it.
++ in Jamesons Core, RD needs to be configured from scratch. in Jacobs core the VRF needs to be configured from scratch.

Take away: Do not by heart the config, understand it. You will find the logical explanation for everything. Exam had a lot of preconfigs, so you
would need to review the questions carefully and check the preconfigs and accordingly add the configs. If it's there then do the rest to avoid
the duplicate efforts. Save the configs as much as you can.

Thanks,

Mrigendra

Thanked by 26 Members:

#2 werby

werby

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • 374 thanks

Posted 25 December 2018 - 12:54 AM

Congratulations and excellent feedback. Enjoy your number..

#3 mrigendra

mrigendra

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • 53 thanks

Posted 25 December 2018 - 05:07 AM

View Postwerby, on 25 December 2018 - 12:54 AM, said:

Congratulations and excellent feedback. Enjoy your number..
Thank you Buddy!

#4 CISCOCISCOCCIE

CISCOCISCOCCIE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • 2123 thanks

Posted 25 December 2018 - 06:02 AM

Dear Mrigendra.
Congrats and thanks for detailed feedback. Could you please share your study plan as well?
Thanks in advance.

#5 Argentina

Argentina

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • 15474 thanks

Posted 25 December 2018 - 06:09 AM

congrats Mrigendra and thanks for your super feedback

#6 mrigendra

mrigendra

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • 53 thanks

Posted 25 December 2018 - 09:45 AM

View PostCISCOCISCOCCIE, on 25 December 2018 - 06:02 AM, said:

Dear Mrigendra.
Congrats and thanks for detailed feedback. Could you please share your study plan as well?
Thanks in advance.

Thank you!!

I had booked my lab on oct 18th and started my prep on Oct24th. I did split my complete syllabus (CFG and TS) into weekly targets and kept my last 3 weeks for the practice and timing improvisation.
By Dec-1st, I finished all the CFG and TS variation with good understanding. But my timings were pathetic, so started my practice from Dec-2nd. By Dec-18th, i was able to get all the CFG done and verified within 3:30 hrs. But i didn't have any timings as such for tshoot, but had good understanding of the faults.
On Dec-19th, i just reviewed all my notes and brushed up the important thing. I didn't do any lab that day and read a lot of feedbacks, and finally appeared for the exam.

P.S.: Since i had little less time (<2 months) to prepare, hence I couldn't do more research on some of the topics. But if you have your groups, preparing together then that will be very helpful.

Thanked by 3 Members:
rashuu , cccieee , cciestudent1

#7 mrigendra

mrigendra

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • 53 thanks

Posted 25 December 2018 - 09:46 AM

View PostArgentina, on 25 December 2018 - 06:09 AM, said:

congrats Mrigendra and thanks for your super feedback

Thank you!

#8 Mess

Mess

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts
  • 5 thanks

Posted 26 December 2018 - 08:46 AM

Excellent feedback , Thank you

#9 qento

qento

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • 9 thanks

Posted 26 December 2018 - 08:56 AM

Gratz mrigendra!

Сan you tell me more about
"++ R58 already had the redistribution so nothing required there. But in R55/56 redistribution was there but configured wrongly, so had to correct it."
What configuration was on R55/56 and what you change.
"++ I added Weight in 55/56 towards the ebgp neighbor to make 55/56 as preferred exit point."
Preferred exit point for which traffic?

In DHCP snooping have you encountered problems  with "broadcast storm" ?

Also interesting redistribution case on R9/R10. You used spoto solution in this section?

#10 lelien

lelien

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • 106 thanks

Posted 26 December 2018 - 09:40 AM

Congrats!

#11 mrigendra

mrigendra

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • 53 thanks

Posted 26 December 2018 - 12:45 PM

View PostMess, on 26 December 2018 - 08:46 AM, said:

Excellent feedback , Thank you
Thank you!

#12 mrigendra

mrigendra

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • 53 thanks

Posted 26 December 2018 - 12:45 PM

View Postlelien, on 26 December 2018 - 09:40 AM, said:

Congrats!
Thank you!

#13 mrigendra

mrigendra

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • 53 thanks

Posted 26 December 2018 - 12:50 PM

View Postqento, on 26 December 2018 - 08:56 AM, said:

Gratz mrigendra!

Сan you tell me more about
"++ R58 already had the redistribution so nothing required there. But in R55/56 redistribution was there but configured wrongly, so had to correct it."
What configuration was on R55/56 and what you change.
"++ I added Weight in 55/56 towards the ebgp neighbor to make 55/56 as preferred exit point."
Preferred exit point for which traffic?

In DHCP snooping have you encountered problems  with "broadcast storm" ?

Also interesting redistribution case on R9/R10. You used spoto solution in this section?

++ In R55/56 only the EIGRP was redistributed under BGP but BGP wasn't redistributed under EIGRP. So i had to do that with 100000 BW metric.
++ Preferred exit point for rest of the traffic (apart from 10.2.100.0/24 prefix) .
++ I had a lot of feedback on the bad behaviour of DHCP snooping, so i didn't configure it at all. It was only 2 marks so i skipped it.
++ Yes! for R9/10 redistribution i used the spoto solution only.

Thanks,
Mrigendra

Thanked by 1 Member:
knewrca

#14 alanhcisco

alanhcisco

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • 1 thanks

Posted 27 December 2018 - 05:52 AM

Thanks for the great feedback.

One doubt, For H2 and H2+.

The VPNV4 peering between Jacobs Core and Jamesons RR. How you have practiced (for h2) and configured in lab (for H2+).

Can we use local-as towards RR or we need to delete the Jacobs AS - 65006 BGP config and recreate the BGP process with 65001 ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Organization

Community

Downloads

Test Providers

Site Info

Go to top