Automate manual administrative tasks with ease [PDF]
This book showcases several ways that Windows administrators can use to automate and streamline their job. You'll start with the PowerShell and Windows Server fundamentals, where you'll become well versed with PowerShell and Windows Server features.
In the next module, Core Windows Server 2016, you'll implement Nano Server, manage Windows updates, and implement troubleshooting and server inventories. You'll then move on to the Networking module, where you'll manage Windows network services and network shares.
The last module covers Azure and DSC, where you will use Azure on PowerShell and DSC to easily maintain Windows servers.
What you will learn
- Streamline routine administration processes
- Improve the performance and storage of your Windows server with enhanced large-scale PowerShell scripts
- Use DSC to leverage Windows server features
- Generate automatic reports that highlight unexpected changes in your environment
- Monitor performance and report on system utilization using detailed graphs and analysis
- Create and manage a reliable and redundant Hyper-V environment
- Manage your enterprise's patch level
- Utilize multiple tools and protocols to manage your environment
- Whats new in PowerShell and Windows Server
- Implementing NanoServer
- Managing Windows Updates
- Managing Printers
- Managing Server Backup
- Managing Performance
- Troubleshooting Servers
- Managing Windows Network Services
- Managing Network Shares
- Managing Internet Information Server
- Managing Hyper-V
- Managing Azure
- Using Desired State Configuration
- Paperback: 660 pages
- Publisher: Packt Publishing; 2nd Revised edition edition (September 21, 2017)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1787122042
- ISBN-13: 978-1787122048
Edited by SDiN, 31 March 2019 - 10:39 AM.