2 replies to this topic

#1 LocknLoad

LocknLoad

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4 posts
  • 354 thanks

Posted 05 November 2019 - 09:33 AM

So a while back I wrote the CCDE written. Actually studied for weeks and went through the CCDE1234 and CCDE99 documents that have been shared previously.
Got maybe 50-60 questions from that pool. Some I'm certain had been reworded in both question and answers context.

There were a good 30+ questions that I had not seen before. As per normal some were easy enough to decipher with some knowledge while others where there
to ensure you trip up. I landed up missing the 860 by a few points. I plan on writing again before the end of the year.
There must be sufficient people writing and passing for the pass mark to remain at 860. Hopefully those have have written it pass or fail will contribute to this thread.

I have awful recall but took a notepad with me to write down anything I could recall right after leaving the test centre. I have written the exam in previous versions and noticed an increase in scenarios type questions. You really cannot spend too much time on any questions and need to move at a decent speed.

Below are topics of the questions I can recall. No chance of me recalling the exact wording.

- Containers - Actually has several questions on this. Business stuff along with technical ie compared to VM
- Fabric Path - Pretty much know everything you can. Had 5+ questions regarding it
- Trill - Had a few on this. The questions were often around if you doing something would Trill or Fabric Path be better
- SAN fabric types and uses
- MPLS TE Tunnels - Need to really understanding how they interact with IGP and LDP
- ITIL - one new question
- Coding - Got some questions around Github, Ansible, YAML, Python
- LFA and RLFA - plenty of both in the exam
- MPLS TE in ring topologies
- NETCONF - got a few of those.
- There was a odd question on IOS-XR around management
- Lots of L2 VPN stuff - EVPN, VPWS, L2TPv3, VPLS
- BGP with RHI
- IPv6 - Really know the low level details around the various FHS - RA, SG, SEND, etc
- IPv6 and multicast. Both INTRA-as and INTER-as
- vPC with MST and PVST+

I don't think the exam is overly difficult but there are several questions in the exam that you just need to memorise the answers as they hold no real value in reality doing your daily job. Stuff you either research or look up based on what you working on.

Hoping others can come forward with their experiences and share what they came across.

Thanked by 2 Members:
jaguar777 , uberkey

#2 jaguar777

jaguar777

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
  • 5145 thanks

Posted 05 November 2019 - 11:37 PM

Thanks LocknLoad for the detailed feedback. You'll surely pass the exam on next attempt.

#3 BuckieKing

BuckieKing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted Yesterday, 07:38 AM

Thanks for your helpful reviews, and you will pass the CCDE 352-001 exam next time.

Good luck!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Organization

Community

Downloads

Test Providers

Site Info

Go to top