[closed]

Network+ Guide to Networks, Fifth Edition.

13 replies to this topic

#1 adamsma73

adamsma73

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • 8 thanks

Posted 05 May 2009 - 06:24 PM

Does anyone have?
Tamara Dean. (2009). Network+ Guide to Networks, Fifth Edition. Course
Technology, Incorporated, ISBN-10: 1423902459, ISBN-13: 9781423902454

Even though I already have my Network+ I have to take this course for college.

I'll take 4th edition if you have it.
CompTIA A+ 601/602   CompTIA Network+

MCP   MCDST   MCST: Windows Vista   MCITP: Enterprise Support

#2 paulbarron

paulbarron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • 8412 thanks

Posted 05 May 2009 - 10:11 PM

Why waste you time repeating a course you are already certified in?  Talk to your course tutor to make better use of your time and skills!!!!  Any academic worth their salt will address this issue. Like many Network+ books for the new syllabus N10-004 they are only now appearing on the market, It is only a matter of time before they appear in the virtual world!!  We are all eagerly waiting!!!!

#3 adamsma73

adamsma73

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • 8 thanks

Posted 08 May 2009 - 04:39 PM

It's complicated. But I have to take this course to get my degree.  This course is being substituted for a different course.  My college doesn't accept the certification because it is not from an accredited college.  The course is from an accredited college.  So they will take the course.  As far as this book being in the virtual world,  I can't even find the 4th edition in the virtual world.  I know the 5th edition is for the newer test but I will take the 4th edition because I know a lot of the practice questions will be the same.  Oh well I guess I'll buy the book.  Just didn't want to spend that much money on a book that I already have the cert for.  Not to mention I still have the Mike Myers Network + Book from when I got my cert.

#4 paulbarron

paulbarron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • 8412 thanks

Posted 08 May 2009 - 11:08 PM

Sorry to here about your plight.  The Certificate is accredited, so it should not really matter where you obtained it from, what about those who learn from home?  Hang on a bit longer I am sure the new material will soon appear!!!  In the mean time search the net for a copy of

A+, Network+, Security+ Exams in a Nutshell: A Desktop Quick Reference - combines 3 certificates in one volume and was published in 2007!!!

Reading through the latest messages I see that Methc offers this link

http://rapidshare.com/files/161521070/A_plus_Network_plus_Security_plus_Exams_in_a_Nutshell_Mar_2007.pdf

Thanks Methc!!!   Good luck!!

#5 Leatherzeus2000

Leatherzeus2000

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 09 May 2009 - 06:08 AM

That definitely sucks about your industry recognized certification not being recognized by your educational institution. Thanks for that book link too, I will be giving it a run through to do some touching up.
Leatherzeus2000, proud to be a member of IT Certification Forum since Dec 2008.

#6 adamsma73

adamsma73

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • 8 thanks

Posted 12 May 2009 - 04:14 PM

Sorry to here about your plight.  The Certificate is accredited, so it should not really matter where you obtained it from, what about those who learn from home?  Hang on a bit longer I am sure the new material will soon appear!!!  In the mean time search the net for a copy of

A+, Network+, Security+ Exams in a Nutshell: A Desktop Quick Reference - combines 3 certificates in one volume and was published in 2007!!!

Reading through the latest messages I see that Methc offers this link

http://rapidshare.com/files/161521070/A_plus_Network_plus_Security_plus_Exams_in_a_Nutshell_Mar_2007.pdf

Thanks Methc!!!   Good luck!!

Thanks for the share but I have to have the particular book mentioned.  I ended up buying it off of half.com because the course started yesterday.  Oh well it was worth a try.

#7 jdub02

jdub02

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 27 August 2009 - 09:25 PM

any updates on this book? Do you still have it?

#8 TJ22

TJ22

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 02 September 2009 - 01:00 AM

Since you bought it at half dot com; can you upload the the pdf of the book?  I am taking a class this week and have the PDF slides of the course but they forgot to give us the pdf! (sent CD's that are incomplete.

#9 vmesx2008

vmesx2008

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • 256 thanks

Posted 04 September 2009 - 02:18 PM

Since you bought it at half dot com; can you upload the the pdf of the book?  I am taking a class this week and have the PDF slides of the course but they forgot to give us the pdf! (sent CD's that are incomplete.

Any chance for upping the slides here? Thanks a lot in advance!

#10 mtg24

mtg24

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 22 September 2009 - 11:36 PM

Im taking this course rite now and i have a project to do for next week... but the problem is the book is very expencive and i didnt buy it cuz i just lost my job and i really cant effort to buy this book... so can someone who already has the book scan the page 72 (2.1 - 2.2 - 2.3) and send it to me pls?

#11 zenboy

zenboy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 19 November 2009 - 04:45 AM

I recalled having this book, but maybe an older edition. Let me dig it out of my hd.

#12 zenboy

zenboy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 19 November 2009 - 05:15 AM

never mind what I'd said. I had the Network+ by Tamara Dean. Sorry guys.

#13 mdaemon

mdaemon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts
  • 27 thanks

Posted 05 January 2010 - 10:22 AM

anyobody have the pdf?

#14 adamsma73

adamsma73

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • 8 thanks

Posted 09 February 2010 - 05:50 PM

I finished the course but I would still like a copy of the pdf if anyone ever finds it.  I can't believe how old this book is and the pdf is hard to find

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Organization

Community

Downloads

Test Providers

Site Info

Go to top