ccsp papers passing within april 8th without ccna sec which can be done later ?

9 replies to this topic

#1 leochb

leochb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • 10 thanks

Posted 03 March 2011 - 04:13 PM

I saw that from 8th April,2011 cisco is going to change to change the CCSP curriculum.I passed SNRS 642-504 exam 3 months before.Now if I will pass another 3 papers of this CCSP papers like 642-533,642-524 & 642-515 before 8th April,2011 & later I will pass CCNA security within May or Jun 2011 will I get CCSP or not ?plz answer to clear my position.

#2 CyCoe

CyCoe

Advanced Member

• Veteran
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts
  • 11071 thanks

Posted 03 March 2011 - 08:40 PM

No you won't!
Nobody can become CCSP after April 2011.
But you should match lot's of the requirements of CCNP Security instead.
Posted Image

Do not post useless "thank you" post.
Please use the "Thanks" button as shown in the announcements http://certcollection.org/forum/topic/99091-new-feature-added/
The only way to see the hidden content in our shares section is pressing the 'Thanks' button!

#3 rharris4

rharris4

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • 2 thanks

Posted 05 March 2011 - 12:12 PM

The change from CCSP to CCNP Security has made a lot of confusion.  There is a window of time when you can complete your CCSP and at the same time get your CCNP Security from the same tests.

Here is the way I read all the information.  I hope it is correct, but to be sure you would have to check your own situation directly with Cisco.

When you pass a Cisco test, that test is normally valid to use for a certification for three years.  But Cisco has announced the last day they will award the CCSP is October (31?) 2011.  So, you have to finish all requirements for CCSP by October 2011.

Three of the required tests are no longer available to take after April 8, 2011.  Those are SNRS, SNAF and SNAA.

One of the required tests is no longer available after May 31, 2011.  That is the IPS V6.0 test.  But after May 31, 2011 you can still take the IPS V7.0 test to complete your CCSP up until October 2011.

You have until October 2011 to complete the CCNA Security requirement to get CCSP, provided you have already finished the tests that Cisco stopped giving after April 8, 2011.

So, if you want to get a CCSP by the last deadline, and want to get the CCNP Security at the same time using those same tests, here is what you must do:

1) Complete SNRS, SNAF and SNAA by the April 8, 2011 last day.  Remember, if you fail a test you must wait five days to take it again.

2) Complete IPS V6.0 by the May 31, 2011 last day.  Or complete IPS V7.0 by the October 2011 end date for CCSP.

3) Complete CCNA Security by the October 2011 end date for CCSP.

These are the tests (above) you must complete to get both CCSP and CCNP Security.  

You can use CANAC or MARS to complete CCSP instead of SNAA, but if you do that you won't get CCNP Security.  

And you can use the new CCNP Security tests SECURE, FIREWALL and/or VPN to replace one or more of the CCSP tests - but you will only get CCNP Security and not CCSP.

Like I said, this is open to interpretation and different people read different things into what Cisco has put on their web site.

Edited by rharris4, 05 March 2011 - 12:13 PM.

#4 rharris4

rharris4

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • 2 thanks

Posted 07 March 2011 - 06:53 PM

I have one thing to correct from my post above.

You can use the new CCNP Security exams SECURE, VPN and FIREWALL to get the CCSP certification - if all requirements of the CCSP certification are completed by October 2011.  Each of these CCNP Security exams can replace a particular CCSP test - refer to Cisco for which tests.

This makes the April 8th 2011 end of testing for SNRS, SNAF and SNAA less of a deadline to have to finish in order to get CCSP.  You can mix the new and old tests, and as long as you finish the CCSP requirements by October 2011, you get the CCNP Security at the same time.

rharris4

#5 rharris4

rharris4

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • 2 thanks

Posted 17 March 2011 - 12:54 PM

Looking more at the Cisco website I found that the last day to complete all requirements for CCSP is October 14, 2011.

Edited by rharris4, 17 March 2011 - 12:55 PM.

Thanked by 1 Member:
HuyDo

#6 HuyDo

HuyDo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts
  • 112 thanks

Posted 03 April 2011 - 08:00 AM

Thanks rharris4 for your information. I also read and thinked as your way and hope they will true because the infomation in Cisco home page are not clear a bit
Is there anyone tried the cisco CCSP certification tool on below link?
http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le3/le2/le37/le54/ccsp_exam_cert_tool.html

The tool says that if I have SNRS already, I only have to pass SNRF and IPS to finish CCSP certification.
I myself have passed SNRS, intend to clear SNAF next week and IPSv6 next month. Every thing will be clear in my situation next month

#7 HuyDo

HuyDo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts
  • 112 thanks

Posted 03 April 2011 - 10:20 AM

Oh my God, I have terrible mistakes. SNAF not equal to FIREWALL at all. SNAF+SNAA = FIREWALL. How to pass them all in next five days?

#8 dddanetworker

dddanetworker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts
  • 2000 thanks

Posted 06 May 2011 - 12:26 PM

hello,

if i give secure,firewall, vpn and IPS v6.0 instead of IPS v7.0 will i be a ccnp security? or ccsp?
cant i give ips v6.0 mixed with secure,fw n vpn?

#9 rharris4

rharris4

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • 2 thanks

Posted 09 May 2011 - 12:32 PM

if i give secure,firewall, vpn and IPS v6.0 instead of IPS v7.0 will i be a ccnp security? or ccsp?
cant i give ips v6.0 mixed with secure,fw n vpn?

The way I read the Cisco information, you can combine the tests in this way to become CCNP Security.

If you complete all these tests plus the CCNA Security by October 14th 2011, you will be both CCSP and CCNP Security.

The last day to take IPS v6.0 is May 31st 2011, but I expect you have already taken this test by the way your question is written.

Thanked by 1 Member:
dddanetworker

#10 dddanetworker

dddanetworker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts
  • 2000 thanks

Posted 16 May 2011 - 10:44 AM

i want to take up ips v6.0 as i dont have access to ips v7.0 :) tnx for ur reply.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Organization

Community

Downloads

Test Providers

Site Info

Go to top