Sign in to follow this  
t-zwck

Restart monitoring of OpsMgr environment

1. Following was a state view for computer group which I achieved by selecting “Discovered Inventory” followed by “Change Target Type …” from “State Action” pane. I then selected “View all targets” and picked “Computer Group”.

Hidden Content

Give reaction to this post to see the hidden content.

To avoid this manual intervation, my next version is adding plain state view for target of my “Restart Monitoring” task.

Hidden Content

2. “Restart Monitoring” task was using Timeout attribute set to 5 minutes. This is not long enough for task to complete so it often fails with “Timeout Expired” error. This timeout was for task execution which one cannot set thru authoring UI. I did manual change and bumped it to 1 hour. Please customize if that is still not long enough (remember that complete contaiment relationship tree is crawled prior restarting environment monitoring although tool would be flawed if it takes that long – remember: feedback is ALWAYS appreciated)

Hidden Content

3. I fixed x64 deployment. My old packages were installing into “Program Files(x86)” and that broke task targetted to “Computer Group” from being succesfull. Having old version installed, you can simply move “System Center Operations Manager 2007 Restart Monitoring Tool” into “Program Files” (istallation removal thru Windows installer will break though with such approach).

4. It appears that deployment of WebApp needs to be executed as an user who is allowed to create WebSite as well as AppPool.

you can find NEW VERSION of this tool here

Hidden Content