gedguy

Reload this Page Juniper JunOS 10.4 JSR Olive VMWare Emulator - PROBLEM

Hi

I have downloaded and installed onto my VMWare server the Juniper JunOS 10.4 JSR Olive VMWare Emulator.

It is the package which is freely available all over the Internet - filenames: JunOS.10.4.JSR.Olive.VMWare.part1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8.rar

It took me a while to work out the strange root password of "L; eybgth!" - I hope that this helps someone else btw, as it seems to have confused a lot of other people.

Once logged in I cannot get any of the commands to work. Does anyone else know how to fix this please?

Thank you

GP.

OK big learning curve for me with Juniper.

Managed to work out - type "cli"... which switches me to the Juniper CLI.

Changed the password from the configure menu - and now cannot log back in.

I guess this is trivial for some people - but hey any tips would be great :-)

GP.

How did you change the password? You may have made a mistake??

did you use this command??

Router# set root-authentication plain-text-password

New password: type password here

Retype new password: retype password here

Edited by maynou21

Hi

I have downloaded and installed onto my VMWare server the Juniper JunOS 10.4 JSR Olive VMWare Emulator.

It is the package which is freely available all over the Internet - filenames: JunOS.10.4.JSR.Olive.VMWare.part1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8.rar

It took me a while to work out the strange root password of "L; eybgth!" - I hope that this helps someone else btw, as it seems to have confused a lot of other people.

Once logged in I cannot get any of the commands to work. Does anyone else know how to fix this please?

Thank you

GP.

I have downloaded it too. I couldn't guess the password. I simply mounted the VirtualDisk to the WinXP in the VMWare (really, it wasn't simply to found appropriate drivers

Hidden Content

Give reaction to this post to see the hidden content.

OK big learning curve for me with Juniper.

Managed to work out - type "cli"... which switches me to the Juniper CLI.

Changed the password from the configure menu - and now cannot log back in.

I guess this is trivial for some people - but hey any tips would be great :-)

GP.

Please, say the secret way how could you get access to the shell because you didn't know the root password? :confused:

Please, say the secret way how could you get access to the shell because you didn't know the root password?

Hidden Content

Give reaction to this post to see the hidden content.

Again this may seem trivial for some people but I am learning JunOS from the beginning. I hope my posts at least help others.

GP.

Sorry, not sure I understand the question. The root password in the distribution is in my post above. I thought I had changed the password using the Juniper CLI however now I cannot login using the password - and I didn't type badly as I used copy and paste. Going to re-install from the RAR's.

Again this may seem trivial for some people but I am learning JunOS from the beginning. I hope my posts at least help others.

GP.

I'm sorry but I have found that password not "L; eybgth!" just "L;eybgth!" without space in the middle of the password, but in other case the configuration doesn't work, I couldn't assign even ip-address for em1 - "commit check-out". :(

Anyone get the Juniper JunOS 10.4 JSR Olive VMWare image and NOT be able to make changes to it. Everytime I try to do a commit I get an error message.

Dear Friend can you please copy and paste the error you are getting? Actually when you issue commit command, JunOS compile all the configuration and return error if even a single mis-config at any hierarchy level.

The given image is very Nice one and working perfectly with me.

Edited by soomro76

Dear Friend can you please copy and paste the error you are getting? Actually when you issue commit command, JunOS compile all the configuration and return error if even a single mis-config at any hierarchy level.

The given image is very Nice one and working perfectly with me.

2f54f669af82b21747ede7a9250ecfa0.jpg

I cant rename the interface. As i rename the interface (from em0 to ge-0/0/0) i also get same error msg. Also once i change root password from cli (via set system root-authentication plain-text-password) i cant login and the password is not accepting. Can any one help me???

Edited by sunnypk42

hi

I have it open with vm, login as root. How can I start from here? how can I connect via Web interface? How can I install VM tools since it does not allow me to mount cdrom? Please help much appreciate.