gundja

when will the xp exams be retired

hi

i'm still wondering whether to start preparation either for win xp or windows vista exams.now windows 7 will be out .i am completely confused where to start.note that i do not have any certifications.so when will the win xp exams be retired?

i dont think microsoft has announced that xp exams are going to be retired any soon , my openion is to go with vista exams as it is all available and will last for long time .

Hope i helped you .

Regards

Windows XP exams could be there for quite some time, it will not retire as long as many companies are still using win xp. same concept for win server 2003

Bro let me tell you,

those already certified are going for Win Vista, win7, and server 08.

meaning if you go for Xp or server 2003 you will be called to update to Vista, win7 and server 2008

my advice is to go for new certification exams and get your hand on old systems like xp ...

go with new technology , start your certification path with configuring windows 7 , 70-680

if you ever need specific knowledge about Windows XP , just look it up at Technet pages

If you are working to MCSE/A then start with 70-270 (XP)

There is so much more invaluable information contained within the 70-270 compared to the 70-620 (Vista).. Things like local and group policies, NTFS permissions, Remote Installation Services and IIS are all relevent to the MCSE/MCSA path.

The 70-620 is more like a sales pitch for crappy useless new features like Meeting Space, Aero, UAC, Gadgets and Sidebar.

If you are working to MCSE/A then start with 70-270 (XP)

There is so much more invaluable information contained within the 70-270 compared to the 70-620 (Vista).. Things like local and group policies, NTFS permissions, Remote Installation Services and IIS are all relevent to the MCSE/MCSA path.

The 70-620 is more like a sales pitch for crappy useless new features like Meeting Space, Aero, UAC, Gadgets and Sidebar.

Had a good laugh at this one, I couldn't agree more, with geeky. 70-270 test prep is going to make later test prep all the easier. Many employers see the 620 as a big deal though because of it being a newer os. Under that thought process Win7 exams make more sense. Just my 0.02

If I have no Microsoft certification ,like mcdst xp and so on can I go for windows 7 ?Is there a requirement to go direct to 70-680? thks

Hi,

Im wondering if were gonna see, both the MCG Rev.A and B twist adapter at the same time for availability in the EU store when it comes out.

Is that a possibility?