Sign in to follow this  
saintshaka

cheap CCNA - KIT

Hi peeps. Id love to buy some devices and start to simulate all scenarios, instead of using packet tracer. I need some advices, cause i dont know what it is the exact purache i should do. I dont want anything special; it must work properly. Im gonna sue it at home, so i just need something normal.

I was thinking about switch 2960(on ebay i saw several models...which one is good?i dont need hundreds of ports....im gonna work at HOME !) and router 870 !

i need suggestions ! please write down details and reasons that motivate your choice.

thanks ain advance and greetings from italy

joe

• Like 1

For Router don't rush to buy it. GNS3 is the best solution for even your CCNP R&S. You CAN attach GNS3 with any switching equipment.

For Switch, I belevie most of the stuff works under PT 5.3.2.0027, except few. So going for equipment for CCN is not a good idea if you feel pinch of loosing precious leras (money.) Also the 2960 wont be good for you when you go for CCNP level stuff.

• Like 1

Hi peeps. Id love to buy some devices and start to simulate all scenarios, instead of using packet tracer. I need some advices, cause i dont know what it is the exact purache i should do. I dont want anything special; it must work properly. Im gonna sue it at home, so i just need something normal.

I was thinking about switch 2960(on ebay i saw several models...which one is good?i dont need hundreds of ports....im gonna work at HOME !) and router 870 !

i need suggestions ! please write down details and reasons that motivate your choice.

thanks ain advance and greetings from italy

joe

You don't need a real device, just use GNS - it is almost the same.