Sign in to follow this  
iamnotaperv

Encryption tools

Hi, I want to encrypt important data on my computer, but I don't know which on to use and how to use it. Is PGP good or I should use True Crypt or Silverkey? Can someone tell me which of these is good and how to use it?

thank you.

• Like 1

I've been using TrueCrypt for a few months now, and it's been working pretty well for me. The only difference that I've noticed since installing is that Windows takes a little longer to start up...but overall, it's worked pretty well. I used the full disk encryption on it, and I've checked the drive, and it is completely unreadable.

If you are using window 7..then win7 provide encrption method itself...go to control panel find a tool called Bitlocker it will give u options which disk you wana encrpt..and encrypt it..it will provide u password so only u can access with ur password so double securty. encryption+pass protection..i hope it will help you

Edited by exploit77

IMO, PGP is the best one. You can even send mails encrypted, has all the features most other softwares have, but you need to find full version.