SS

CertCollection needs your help!

Dear members,

At CertCollection we pride ourselves on being professionals in the Information Technology arena. We love this forum (and we are sure you do too!), it is a great community of members from across the globe. We are passionate about the service and support we provide for the community and we are constantly striving to achieve bigger and better things, we admit it is challenging, but we do our best.

We have been having several issues with the site and we are sure things can be improved. This does unfortunately mean we will have periods of downtime, but are hoping you will understand. We would like your feedback about the site and community as a whole, on how we can improve, we want your contribution on what features you want, what the pro’s and cons are, and what else we can do to make sure our site meets the requirements that you as members want.

Thank you.

• Like 4

I'd like to see more activity from members instead of just asking for dumps all of the time, but that's nothing you can help ;)

I'm personally happy with things at the moment.

• Like 3

Pro's: "Most" members want to help; Good place to find training info

Hidden Content

Give reaction to this post to see the hidden content.

Cons: Dump spammers; 0 Posts requesting the earth; Often posters don't use search function thus get same question repeated; When CC is down, would be great if CC twitter was updated, even if it was to state, " Server down - no idea whats wrong with it, gone to pub to rehydrate our brains and think about it."

M.

• Like 1

I would like to have more products in the store.

How long will it down and start from when?

well said, but how do you encourage someone to search for things instead of asking for you to send send them stuff?

I think the site is doing great. I try my best to impart my knoweldge as best as I can and in fact, I've seen other members do the same. As for those who simply come here to leech data, they will always exist, on every forum. I especially like the revamped look. It's made navigation a lot easier. Thanks for all your hard work.

• Like 1

Superb site and no complaints, except as pointed out above a disappointment with the failings of those who lack basic search skills and helplessly request something that already exists on the site. Keep up the great work!!!

Edited by paulbarron

Welcome Back!!! Very helpful website!

Wish there's a tweeter page updating website's current status in case website is down.

• Like 1

Twitter updates regarding outages or maintenance would help.

Alternatively a stats.certcollection.org subdomain that is not hosted on the same httpd as cert collection

You could have updates posted to that eg

"Maintenance Scheduled For xx/xx/xxxx nn:nn - nn:nn tz"

"Forums Currently: UP"

Lastly is there an official IRC channel for certcollection? A real time aspect to the site may be ideal for some people.

Everything fine here. Only issue I have is that it seems I can't receive anymore notification emails since the last downtime?

Thanks for all your hard work!