Hi Guys,

First of all, pls excuse me if I'm adding repeat post, but I was trying to find similar according to my doubts.

I'm a very new to CCIE certification. I'm CCNA,CCNP, CCIP but last 4 years I was throughly focused in Packet Core networks. So I decided to get CCIE certification and come back to IP environment also.

So, as I'm in the very beggining (just reading Cisco Press CCIE Routing and Switching Exam Certification Guide v4.0), I just like to see if You can help me to meet the requirements to get CCIE.

I'm planning in 2 or 3 months do the W/R exame; But I want to study entire buk before take the exam. After that I'll give more 4 or 5 months preparing for lab if is enough.

So Could you kindly help me with address to get certified?

I want to mount a virtual lab on my laptop but I don't know how can I do it;

I want a kindly script to follow in these labs. Ie: 1- configure vlan 200; 2 apply it on a interface etc etc etc....

And I'm seeing so many new words like K1, K2, K2+ etc etc etc.. I've never know about it..

Hidden Content

Give reaction to this post to see the hidden content.

What I'm thinking is, when I complete, for ex chapter 2 of the book(vlan), I can practice to create vlan and all stuffs of this chapter. Is that correct?

Thanks a lot for your help !

Let's work to get CCIE.

Do you want a good advice?

To start CCIE journey get yourself INE workbooks (version 5) and follow them. Work on them 12-15h / day and instead of going to sleep read, read, read until you will understand every single technology behind. There is probably good 10-15 books that you should go through.

When you finish INE workbooks (probably after 50 weeks or so) you should come back here and find some more information about the lab itself and then start hearing stories about people keep failing and failing... and failing... and failing! People who went through all this studying already.

If you won't go through all that, there is no chance that you will survive Cisco lab exam and it will be just a waste of money for you, so you might as well give them to me or book yourself a nice trip around the world, because that's how much it's going to probably cost you CCIE journey (probably even more)...

...but if you will, you will be telling your children stories about this and you will never regret it.

Like Gumis said, you should grab a workbook (INE Volume 1) and just go through it until you know every technology, this is after you pass the written. Once you are about a month away from your exam come check these forums.

I would hold off on the written exam while you're reading your books because it's going to take a long time to finish those. I would ever take it until after all the reading and after going through the INE ATC and their troubleshooting videos. Once you're ready to go through the workbooks I would take the written because you then have 1.5 years to take your lab and your not rushed.

Basically, you have to set you goals for studying and how and when you want to take the written. I just don't feel any need to rush the written just to say you have CCIE written when that will be a breeze if you actually prepare yourself the proper way. Just look at all the failed attempts and you can say that with more preparation, they would have passed. Rushing to fail a test is a waste of time! Oh I forgot to say MONEY! At $1500 a pop, there is no reason you should be rushing this lab.

Edited by Bishop

Agreed, I actually used my CCIE Written as my exam to tell me that I was done learning theory and ready to move into the configuration. I did nothing but watch videos and write notes then took my written and went into the lab configuration with a workbook.

Hi Guys, thanks for the answers.... Wow, I know it's very dificult !!

Since I had to recertificate I came to study some points, but nothing compared to CCIE. I just "fighting" to become selected by my company to participate on our program IP Speciallist wich contains CCIE 360. I don't know so much about CCIE360, but with some colleagues feedback I would think that it's very practical, so I'm rushing to have the knowledge and concept as fast and deep as possible in order to go through all the course well.

Let's work !!

Guest vertex

Like Gumis said, you should grab a workbook (INE Volume 1) and just go through it until you know every technology, this is after you pass the written. Once you are about a month away from your exam come check these forums.

I cant stress this enough. This website should be a tool used the last month before your lab date.