nwt

Current IOU L2/L3 OS X images

I read in forums that these images leaked but I cannot find them in certcollection nor elsewhere on the net.

You realize that you wouldn't have the benefit of web-iou, so you'd be back to using bash scripts, right?

@tembit, I'm just gathering material to migrate my mpls lab from dynamips to iou.

I just checked web-iou and it seems great.

It seems to fit the bill as until now I have only practised in real ISP hw :biggrin:.

I don't know if it could integrate other devices via qemu.

That said, osx' versions would be nonetheless nice to have.

As far as I have heard the OSX versions are no longer maintained and developed. This may be incorrect. But Cisco has announced that an official emulation solution will be released for free this summer. It is supposed to support IOS XR, IOS, IOS XE, and NXOS. It runs as a Ubuntu VM appliance apparently. Now it seems to me that if they were developing an OSX version of IOU then they'd also be releasing something that runs natively in OSX, but they did not announce that they were. Cisco has only announced the free release of VIRL in the past few days.

Here's an older blog posting from INE.

Hidden Content

Give reaction to this post to see the hidden content.

As far as I have heard the OSX versions are no longer maintained and developed. This may be incorrect. But Cisco has announced that an official emulation solution will be released for free this summer. It is supposed to support IOS XR, IOS, IOS XE, and NXOS. It runs as a Ubuntu VM appliance apparently. Now it seems to me that if they were developing an OSX version of IOU then they'd also be releasing something that runs natively in OSX, but they did not announce that they were. Cisco has only announced the free release of VIRL in the past few days.

Here's an older blog posting from INE.

Hidden Content

Give reaction to this post to see the hidden content.

Is there any date of release

I was just told "sometime this summer". I've also read "by the end of the year". I didn't attend Cisco Live, but it was announced there.