Sign in to follow this  
amit121

multiple concurrent calls

Hello All,

How do Hosted PBX Providers handle multiple concurrent calls on a single number alloted to their client?

Many Companies are offering a Hosted PBX solution where they give you a single number for your customers can call you. The numbers allotted are Mobile Phone numbers and the companies are even ready to handover the SIM card to you if you no longer want to continue.

Since these are Wireless Solutions (GSM/CDMA) and not wired solutions like ISDN, I was wondering how do the system manage when say 10 people call the same cellphone number at the same time ? I am sure they do not get a busy tone.

Do they immediately transfer all the incoming calls to a VOIP extension ? how much time does this transfer take ? and how many calls can be handled in a minute in this manner ??

Thanks,

Amit

Hi Amit,

Not sure exactly about implemented hosted PBX solution but in Cisco IPT this could be acheived by hunt group solution, where a 10,000 calls could be handeld by one Route point (one Device and allocated it to its member) so imagine the similar sort of solution to be implenmented in GSM world and later only provide the SIM for main number to its customer.

I know this is not an exact response you was looking but at least would give more idea to think on it.

Thanks,

Shan