Ragedeep

Are You Using A Ssd?

There are disadvantages and advantages with SSD's but I think we will soon see a whole new generation of drives where most of the will be SSD. Go for it!

• Like 2

I'm old-school. I still prefer normal HDDs to SSD. I heard that SSD is a miniature security risk, because it's easier to recover data on it.

meh, i dont think its really all that necessary, especially if youre using a sata III drive. i would rather get a hybrid drive because theres not that much difference with performance compared to a ssd.

hybrid work just buffering SOME data (the most visited), but the speed to access to unbuffered data is similar to a normal hdd

btw, ssd is much cheaper now

I see no point by having a SSD in this decade. My whole point is you want to install all your apps & games on a SSD to take advantage of that performance. But at the moment even 500GB SSD, not the best, range in the price bracket of $340. Which is way too much and it won't last long enough.

i run a SSD in my laptop and I will say I see a huge difference. The difference is in the boot times as well as software install times. When I installed Office which usually takes its sweet time to install, it was done so fast I didnt think it installed at all.

I am now looking at a SSD for my desktop

I am running SSD's in all my systems in conjunction with HDD's (couple of laptops and desktops). The SSD performance increase is clearly visible and as other have said using it for your OS and Apps is just great. It also works far better when performing transcodes or video splicing / editing as well. Just hoping the cost per MB continues to drop so I add larger size SSD's in RAID configurations within the next couple of years.

The SSD's I have used with great success:

OCZ Vertex 240GB (MLC)

OCZ Vector 512GB (MLC)

Samsung 840 256 / 512GB (TLC)

Samsung 840 Pro's 512GB (MLC)

Edited by qslife

Win 7 OCZ Vertex 120GB

Win 8 Samsung 840 128GB

Hyper V Samsung 840 512GB

Need 1TB SSD any recommendation ?

Thanks