sandnaga

PASSED CCIE-SP TODAY

Hi sandnaga, One more help pls...

Community type:-

1. send-community

2. send-community extended

3. send-community both

Which type of community i would use for following neighbors?

IPv4 BGP neighbor= ?

IPv6 BGP neighbor= ?

VRF EBGP Neighbor = ?

EBGP Neighbor = ?

Thanks in advance.

replied in the IM

Thank you...

What i understand here in Lab 1 and Lab 2 from community front,

1) IPv4 BGP peering= community config not required as not sending any community to peer.

2) IPv6 BGP peering= community config not required as not sending any community to peer.

3) Normal EBGP IPv4 and IPv6 peering (Between R5 to R6 or R7 to R8) = community config not required as not sending any community to peer.

4) EBGP IPv4 and IPv6 peering between PE to CE= not sending any community in lab scenario.....So community config not required.

5) VPNv4 and VPNv6 peering= IOS automatic configure "extended community" , it is fine.... and on XR automatic take care of it.

6) On XR= NO need to configure any community.......

Please correct me if i am wrong......

Amit, the scenario's that you have put up are ok. But as i suggested earlier, you shold not map the AF of Peering to whether or not they use community OR ext-community.

- you need to know what are the EXT community attributes and what are the community attributes in BGP. and if you need to send these in the BGP control messages, then enable send community OR send ext.community. that would be a better way to learn this.

- technically you can enable these two on all peerings, no harm done as far as your data/control plane is conserned. but its not the sane way of doing things.

- Ofcourse, if you miss sending these you will land in trouble.

thanks

congrates bro !!!

could you let us know wat was ur home lab setup? i am new to this, coming from R&S... need to know how to begin labbing SP...

Hi, how did you practice for CCIE SP? can we practice it totally on IOU, GNS3 or will there be a need for physical devices?