Sign in to follow this  
Vafangool

Beginning my ccna lab, can't ping

Hey guys I have started my own lab and right now off of my 2620 router I have created Fa0/0 192.168.20.1 . Which I have a 2950 plugged into it, I have my laptop plugged in fFA0/2 on the switch , i assigned vlan 1 the IP address 192.168.20.2 and my laptop is 192.168.20.3. Everything is in the correct subnet, I dont have the ports assigned to any other vlans. I can ping the switch from my laptop, but I can't ping my laptop from the switch, I can ping the router from my switch, I am consoled into the switch from another laptop which is in another network but that shouldn't make a difference, does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks alot

It's not easy to suggest a solution as it could be so many little things causing the problem.

Assuming all of the interfaces are up and that you have everything in the same subnet, it could be an ACL that is blocking your ping, it could be that the interface isn't in the right vlan...

Start with the obvious things show run, show ip interface brief on the routers and the switches, and show vlan on the switches.

If you haven't already done so I'd recommend getting hold of a copy of CCNA Routing and Switching Portable Command Guide Third Edition: it never strays far from my side when I'm in the lab :)

A little late but,............................throw here your "show run" "show ip int brief" (switch & router) and "show vlan" (switch).

Then we might find your problem.

Cheers

open wireshark/tcpdump and see if you actually send/receive something out/in

Edited by Q42