funabashi

vMX beta

it worked and I can see the MPC2 in RE0 VM !!! do you know which port is used for communication between them ?

em1 interfaces on each VM.

Good chance to have lot of physical interfaces on vmware VM which has 10 NIC limit:)

Good chance to have lot of physical interfaces on vmware VM which has 10 NIC limit:)

I don't think that could be a concern, because I always deploy subinterfaces to ease the topology.

I don't think that could be a concern, because I always deploy subinterfaces to ease the topology.

Yeah, but there is official jncie-sp bootcamp, lab requires lot of physical interfaces on some routes and changing some configurations (changing number of interfaces) will put difficulties in lab.

Yeah, but there is official jncie-sp bootcamp, lab requires lot of physical interfaces on some routes and changing some configurations (changing number of interfaces) will put difficulties in lab.

I think we should use KVM installed on Centos physical machines since KVM supports more interfaces

by the way should we configure RE0 or MPC2 for transit traffic ?

Hi,

hopefully someone can put all that new files under torrent.

thanks

i am not able to see the em interfaces in the RE0 VM,however i can see the em interfaces in MPC2 vm,

is there any document explaining on how to interconnect RE0 VM and MPC2 VM?

Does anyone have a quick how to guide on how the mapping of the Interfaces works on the RE and MPC Instances?

None of the MAC Addresses in VMWare match any of the MACs on either RE or MPC VM

Also there is a total of 24 Interfaces including 10Gig XE Interfaces but there's a limit of 20 Interfaces with VMWare across both VMs

Edited by madrouter

Can somebody please provide instructions on how the RE and MPC2 VMs are meant to work. How is connectivity attained with mac mapping like on the single instance?

Could you share such lab?

Does anyone have a quick how to guide on how the mapping of the Interfaces works on the RE and MPC Instances?

None of the MAC Addresses in VMWare match any of the MACs on either RE or MPC VM

Also there is a total of 24 Interfaces including 10Gig XE Interfaces but there's a limit of 20 Interfaces with VMWare across both VMs

re

first you should know that the em1 interface is mapped to eth1 vmware interface on both the RE0 and the MPC2 .

there is no IP configuration needed by default since the em interfaces are already configured . make sure you have eth1 on MPC2 and RE0 are in the same isolated " vmnetX or Virtual LAN " then the will communicate with each other after a while .

once you do that , then issue the command " show chassis hardware " on RE0 VM and you will see the MPC2 attached

for me the fpc pic-status shows offline and i do see the em1: watchdog timeout-resetting message repeatedly on the console, does any one has any idea on how to fix this ?