funabashi

vMX beta

re

first you should know that the em1 interface is mapped to eth1 vmware interface on both the RE0 and the MPC2 .

there is no IP configuration needed by default since the em interfaces are already configured . make sure you have eth1 on MPC2 and RE0 are in the same isolated " vmnetX or Virtual LAN " then the will communicate with each other after a while .

once you do that , then issue the command " show chassis hardware " on RE0 VM and you will see the MPC2 attached

I get the part about the em1 interface. What Im trying to understand is, are all the interfaces listed on the RE actually located on the MPC2?

When I go to map the EM MAC addresses to the Ge Interfaces is this done on the MOC VM OR THE RE VM.

I get the part about the em1 interface. What Im trying to understand is, are all the interfaces listed on the RE actually located on the MPC2?

When I go to map the EM MAC addresses to the Ge Interfaces is this done on the MOC VM OR THE RE VM.

Cannot get this thing to pass traffic in distributed mode in VMWare Workstation with LAN Segments. The standalone VM is fine but the RE and MPC2 VMs fail to pass traffic out any link even after mapping the EM MAC addresses to the GIG Ports listed on the RE VM.

can anyone explain how to set this up? do you need all 3 VM? MPC2, RE0 and VMX and all 3 should use em1 in same segment?

Could you share such lab?

You can find it in juniper share section.

Cannot get this thing to pass traffic in distributed mode in VMWare Workstation with LAN Segments. The standalone VM is fine but the RE and MPC2 VMs fail to pass traffic out any link even after mapping the EM MAC addresses to the GIG Ports listed on the RE VM.

I can confirm, traffic passes in distributed mode. It works fine.

I can confirm, traffic passes in distributed mode. It works fine.

@Isergei - are you saying traffic (pings for example) work in UNL with vMX? If so, what version are you using...I can't seem to get pings/traffic to work in UNL - vSRX works perfectly.

Thanks

@Isergei - are you saying traffic (pings for example) work in UNL with vMX? If so, what version are you using...I can't seem to get pings/traffic to work in UNL - vSRX works perfectly.

Thanks

UNL unnecessary for building labs especially when you don't know UNL architecture exactly;)

Edited by lsergei

Hi,

I'm get result same as gangandar...FPC cannot online. I'm load RE0 and MPC in ESXi and all the interface is connected to same vSwitch. Is there any step that i missing?. Thanks and appreciate someone help

I assume you configure everything from RE, do you still need to map em mac addresses to ge interfaces?

I assume you configure everything from RE, do you still need to map em mac addresses to ge interfaces?

Yes, you need to do same mapping or use virtual switch with mac-learing feature. Try to map em3 to ge-x/0/0.

please see the attachments

They can be usefull

Hidden Content

Give reaction to this post to see the hidden content.

Hidden Content

Give reaction to this post to see the hidden content.

please see the attachments

They can be usefull

Thanks

What about Network adapter 1 and 3 ->10, can we use those?

Also there are 24 Interfaces showing in the RE, including XE interfaces, how can we map those?

Thanks

What about Network adapter 1 and 3 ->10, can we use those?

Also there are 24 Interfaces showing in the RE, including XE interfaces, how can we map those?

1 , 2, 3 are reserved for management and Internal communication . I do not know about XE interfaces mappings since VMware does not support more than 10 Virtual NICs unless you use KVM on native linux machine such as centos or redhat or any other supported host KVM