funabashi

vMX beta

i believe MTU in junos is at interface level and not at logical unit level, i can setup the mtu on the interface level.

set interfaces ge-2/0/0 mtu 1400

Hi All,

During testing the vMX i found that we cannot set MTU on logical unit. Example ge-0/0/1.123 mtu 1400 ....Command MTU do not exists under logical unit. My VMX undert ESXi.

Can someone verify it whether your vMX supported or not?

Thanks

Hi,

In real mx or vsrx we can change mtu on logical unit also. But in vmx cannot do like that... is there anyone try to upgrade n see if can support it

i tested it and looks like you have to set the main interface mtu to 2000 and then u can set the logical interface mtu to 1400

here are the commands

set interfaces ge-2/0/0 mtu 2000

set interfaces ge-2/0/0 unit 0 family inet mtu 1400

Hi,

In real mx or vsrx we can change mtu on logical unit also. But in vmx cannot do like that... is there anyone try to upgrade n see if can support it

I've found it's very buggy though for example you may set it, but only when you send traffic with the do-not-fragment option and a byte size of the max mtu are you testing it properly.

I found I needed to reboot vMX instances for the setting to date effect in the data-plane

I've also found that it does not sometimes work

Hi Guys,

may someone upload into MEGA or better one please.

I can't download from baidu..

please help.

Hi Guys,

may someone upload into MEGA or better one please.

I can't download from baidu..

please help.

vMX-RE

Hidden Content

Give reaction to this post to see the hidden content.

vMX-MPC2

Hidden Content

Give reaction to this post to see the hidden content.

again, Big Thanks for gangadar for uploading them.

• Like 1

Hi all,

anyone has been test the new vMX with MPC whether irb interface working or not ?

Thanks

anyone can confirm that the 10G interfaces are working? i configured vMX in KVM and i can get the 1G interfaces to run all the way up to 2/1/8 but the 2/1/9 and the xe interfaces do not pass traffic.

anyone can confirm that the 10G interfaces are working? i configured vMX in KVM and i can get the 1G interfaces to run all the way up to 2/1/8 but the 2/1/9 and the xe interfaces do not pass traffic.

Could someone do a quick guide on setting this up in KVM

just set the 2 VMs with a shared network on first 3 interfaces, 4th interface on KVM coincide with ge-2/0/0. you can use 1st Interface on KVM (it's fxp0 in vMX) as management, the 3rd interface in KVM is the link between RE and MPC. you need to put all the 20+ interfaces in the MPC VM.