Sign in to follow this  
ccierns2014circ

RS V5 DMVPN R15,R17,R18,R19 TICKET

Hi All ,

There is a ticket in the TS section where we are asked to accomplish the following -

The user behind R15 ( i.e. PC103 ) should be able to reach the users behind R17,R18 & R19 via the DMVPN tunnel .

Related topology is attached herewith the post .

R15 is the HUB while R17,R18 and R19 are spokes .

The question is -

Which EIGRP Process are the Spokes running ? ? ?

AS145 or AS200 ?

So , we will have to run EIGRP on the tunnel accordingly !

Hidden Content

Give reaction to this post to see the hidden content.

Edited by ccierns2014circ

For this topology, you're about to establish EIGRP adjacencies with AS200 (R15/hub). EIGRP AS145 is just an underlying "cloud" for the tunnels.

Edited by Airpl4ne

For this topology, you're about to establish EIGRP adjacencies with AS200 (R15/hub). EIGRP AS145 is just an underlying "cloud" for the tunnels.

Ok !

So you are saying -

1. R15 HUB has EIGRP 200

2. All HUBS are running EIGRP 200

3. UNDERLAY IS EIGRP 145 .

Please correct me , if I have interpreted something incorrect !

I posted this question because ccicert have given EIGRP 145 on the spokes and I strongly knew this was incorrect .

Hence just needed to verify !

Edited by ccierns2014circ

That's right. You just need the "cloud" to support connectivity between the hub and spoke source IPs, it can be EIGRP, it can be BGP, OSPF (/MPLS), you can just have 1 (default) static route pointing to the "cloud" and you are still able to establish routing adjacencies between the hub/spoke routers - EIGRP 200 in this case, as it's being carried over a GRE tunnel.

EIGRP never ever form adjacency if the autonomous system is different. But OSPF can form adjacency if the process ID is different on routers.

To avoid confusion, the ASN actually functions as a process id / process number in terms of EIGRP. The only difference is, with OSPF, every router can be configured with a different process ID. In EIGRP, all router's that will be exchanging internal routing information must all have the same process ID / ASN.

Edited by OzzieJat