biddumehta

Trying unetlab for CCIE security topology

I am trying my hands on unetlab .

installed vmplayer and followed the instructions on unetlab.

able to get the http page for making labs .

But when i click on actions , i do not see any option for ASA

has someone tried this out .

is there any forum for discussing the unetlab issues .

contact @UD

who is UD ... ? is that member name on cert collection ?

and more over does unetlab has other ccie security equipments like IPS , Wireless , iron port and so on... as much as i have checked their website those aren't supported yet , and those are essential components to successfully pass ccie . If anyone here can light more info on unetlab and it equipent its suports for ccie-security :confused:

i upgraded to the latest release of unetlab and able to view the option for ASA .

hey mehetha does it support other ccie secuirty appliances ?

iron port , ips and so on can you please verify :confused:

and more over does unetlab has other ccie security equipments like IPS , Wireless , iron port and so on... as much as i have checked their website those aren't supported yet , and those are essential components to successfully pass ccie . If anyone here can light more info on unetlab and it equipent its suports for ccie-security :confused:

yes possible with high end pc or server minimum 32 gb ram

I'm running UNL in the same way as daveguy2004 uses iou-web in the Virtual Security ESXi LAB.

That that doesn't work in the UNL lab works outside in ESXi with external connections.

It´s not 100%, of course, and I need to do some extra training with real racks.

I'm running UNL in the same way as daveguy2004 uses iou-web in the Virtual Security ESXi LAB.

That that doesn't work in the UNL lab works outside in ESXi with external connections.

Bridging to any real world network works simply & easily even if it is running on esxi. btw if the esxi isn't managed by yourself than couple of problems more then possible due to vswitch default behaviour (promiscuous is disabled, etc).

If i have to go for the virtulization though clouding then why use Unetlab .. i personally find it little hard to draw topology in unet than gns3 where i can visualize everything on ccie-sec v4 course and with easy made topology. But again its personal choice and as for Ram

yes possible with high end pc or server minimum 32 gb ram

16gb i think enough , i am starting full scale lab practise from now on as lab exam preparation, i will be keeping you guys updated about the requirements :yo:

If i have to go for the virtulization though clouding then why use Unetlab .. i personally find it little hard to draw topology in unet than gns3 where i can visualize everything on ccie-sec v4 course and with easy made topology. But again its personal choice and as for Ram 16gb i think enough , i am starting full scale lab practise from now on as lab exam preparation, i will be keeping you guys updated about the requirements :yo:

Higher is better . Let me know u r feedback after services running

UNL works perfect.

Hidden Content

Give reaction to this post to see the hidden content.

I created Full SEC and SP racks on it, and it WORKS!!!

SEC rack:

Switches are from Dynamips (GNS) 3725 with 16 port switchcards

Routers are 7206VXR from Dynamips

2xASA 8.4 and 2xASA 9.1 (Qemu devices)

IPS 7.0 (qemu).

Routers can be used IOU as well, they are lighter.

Couds connecting all other devices what I need. WSA, ACS, AD, WLC... (external VM machines).

One network is choosen fro management from my native PC, https access to devices, asdm, ips, acs...

SP rack:

used IOU routers 15.4.2 with IOU switches 15.1

XRv 5.3.0 newest from cisco image runs on qemu (comes from XRv 5.3.0 ova offcial release)

Just cool..

This is future revolution tool with all in one. One VM supports everything. Never saw any best till this. Sorry GNS and VIRL.

Tested lot of other things, like Paloalto, F5, Fortinet, Juniper (SRX and Olive M series)

Using UNL test real solutions for my projects, really big help. Specially with securuty things.

Last ASAv 9.3.200 is just cool, full functional, but restricted in speed. but for lab is OK.

So this coming thing, thats why I still not created full vm like I did with IOU vm machine.

All bets goes to my friend Andrea who developed this idea and finally tool.

Some features needs to be added, like own topology option, like it was in IOU, maybe Wireshark.

Be ready that UNL needs powerful PC, My UNL VM runs on i7 with 32G desktop. For vm I use 4 CPU and 16G ram.

Patience guys, patience..

Its coming...

All images which use UNL with qemu are official from vendors virtual machines.

You asked who is UD,

I am UD ^_^

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

It works from ESXi perfect to reach any external device even real internet and connect to it remotely.

I used ASA as VPN GW for UNL, perfect..

I am UD, read my post above...