Sign in to follow this  
GSXR750K2

IPS 7.1.8 (or higher than 6.0.2)

I was hoping to be able to share the image that came on my new-in-the-box 4260 IPS I got for my lab, but it appears it has been sitting on the shelf for a while.

It has "IPS-K9-6.0-2-E1" installed with no update history, so if anyone has access to the latest or anything newer than what I have (7.0+ preferred), it would be appreciated. Thanks, and I hope everyone has a great weekend.

I should have spent one more minute looking. It's here if anyone else would like it...

Hidden Content

Give reaction to this post to see the hidden content.

Edited by GSXR750K2
  • Like 1

However, it looks like I need to be on a flavor of 6.0.6+ to be able to update. From the release notes...

"For the IPS 42xx and SSM series sensors, you must be running IPS 6.0(6) or later."

Anyone have any insight on the best way to do this? Does it need to be 6.0.6-E3 or 6.0.6-E4 or will anything 6.0.6 or greater make it happy? This is my first venture into IPS land.

Edited by GSXR750K2

However, it looks like I need to be on a flavor of 6.0.6+ to be able to update. From the release notes...

"For the IPS 42xx and SSM series sensors, you must be running IPS 6.0(6) or later."

Anyone have any insight on the best way to do this? Does it need to be 6.0.6-E3 or 6.0.6-E4 or will anything 6.0.6 or greater make it happy? This is my first venture into IPS land.

You will need the IPS 4260 recovery image (*.img) in order to install the proper system version from scratch.

When your 4260 boots up, it will say "Evaluating BIOS Options...". At this point, hit CTRL + R and you will drop into ROMMON (like the Cisco ASA).

From here, you can boot from the recovery image and it will install itself.

You will need the IPS 4260 recovery image (*.img) in order to install the proper system version from scratch.

When your 4260 boots up, it will say "Evaluating BIOS Options...". At this point, hit CTRL + R and you will drop into ROMMON (like the Cisco ASA).

From here, you can boot from the recovery image and it will install itself.

Much appreciated info. The device is back at the office so I can't poke on it at the moment but I'll definitely dig into it more tomorrow.

-EDIT-

So I'm understanding that the license file is just to install signatures. If that's all it's for, then not a big deal as this is a lab box.

All I could find is the 7.0.8-E4 image for the 4240, but it is the same as the 4260 per the MD5's. I'll reimage it tomorrow to 7.0.8 and then try the package upgrade to 7.1.8.

Here's the "IPS-4240-K9-sys-1.1-a-7.0-8-E4" image file for the 4240/4260 (and probably others) should anyone need/want it...

Hidden Content

Give reaction to this post to see the hidden content.

Edited by GSXR750K2

-EDIT-

Okay, finally got into it. I'm not sure if it's the normal approach, but I had to hook up the monitor, a PS2 keyboard, and the console port. I was able to see the boot options through the VGA port to know when to hit Ctrl + R and then I was able to ROMMON through the console.

Thanks again, and enjoy the files. ^_^

Edited by GSXR750K2