UldisD

UNL VM for SP

IOS 15 T code is similar feature set what CSR have . why just you guys run one CSR and rest with IOS 15 T code train . Saves penny .

i dont see any reason to run 10 CSR to match up INE topology . INE did this to make their customer relied on INE products .

from tech perspective IOS 15 T do everything from software point of view what CSR can do .

IOS 15 T code is similar feature set what CSR have . why just you guys run one CSR and rest with IOS 15 T code train . Saves penny .

i dont see any reason to run 10 CSR to match up INE topology . INE did this to make their customer relied on INE products .

from tech perspective IOS 15 T do everything from software point of view what CSR can do .

Not everything you can run with IOL, ospf fast re-route (and MPLS-TE fast re-route), BFD, VPLS for example. It should be something else, but don't remember exactly (maybe something related to multicast). CSR can do all features.

I have compared IOL and CSR about 1 year ago, please let me know if things has been changed.

Edited by ksy36

Just bought Dell T5500 with 72Gb RAM and 2 physical 6 core Xeon. I run UNL in VMWare workstation. 10xCSR1000v and 4xXRv work perfect, it takes about 42-45Gb RAM. For SPv4 full scale lab with 10xCSR, 10xXRv and 10xIOS (as per UD message above) 72Gb will be enough, especially under ESXi. Because in VMWare Workstation maximum you can allocate 64Gb RAM per VM.

In US/Canada this kind of used server you can find for about 800$ even less.

Hi,

where can we get SP unl file ? Thanks.

Go Here:

Hidden Content

Give reaction to this post to see the hidden content.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 6

Hi I am looking for Looking for CSR1000 (IOS-XE) version 3.13 and IOS 15.4S preferably QCOW images for EVE-NG specific to Version 4.1 lab requirements-

RR, P, and PE role: ASR 9000 series running IOS-XR 6.0 Release >>> Already have this, thanks to many certcollection members

RR and PE role: ASR 1000 series running IOS-XE 3.13 (15.4S) Release

PE and CE role: Cisco 7600 series running IOS 15.4S Release

Access and Aggregation: ME 3600 series running IOS 15.4S Release

Thanks in advance !!

Hi johnelvis,

Please shared for me

RR, P, and PE role: ASR 9000 series running IOS-XR 6.0 Release >>> Already have this, thanks to many certcollection members

Thanks you so much.

Emails not allowed. Read the rules or get banned.

Edited by mavis

I setup a LAB with 4 XRv and 4 CSRv and 20 IOSv devices it works very nice and it utilizes only 16-17 GB and processor usage is around 54% (Intel i7-4790K @ 4.00 GHz)

Any one used IOSv as opposed to CSR? Also any one tried the XR9K version?

yes im using IOSv in my labs. if you are following the INE SP workbook there are only 2 labs that you cant do in IOSv, and thats VPLS labs. only 2 labs u cant do, but the rest work just fine.

@promise22k

Can you please provide the unl files for each initial config set of INE workbook?

I have already set up EVE, I just need the files.

Thank you

@promise22k

Can you please provide the unl files for each initial config set of INE workbook?

I have already set up EVE, I just need the files.

Thank you

What is UNL by the way?