kechik

vQFX?

Do the beta vQFX files come with any information inside them that would identify who leaked it? I ask, because someone "gifted" it to me yesterday, but was adamant that I please not share it with anyone.

I've already got it uploaded on Mega. I'm just waiting for a definitive answer before I post the link. I don't want to get my friend kicked out of the beta program, since he was nice enough to share the image file with me.

Edited by HermanToothrot

Do the beta vQFX files come with any information inside them that would identify who leaked it? I ask, because someone "gifted" it to me yesterday, but was adamant that I please not share it with anyone.

I've already got it uploaded on Mega. I'm just waiting for a definitive answer before I post the link. I don't want to get my friend kicked out of the beta program, since he was nice enough to share the image file with me.

I agree with you ! is it possible for you to post the vQFX file names or package names ? ex: vQFX-domestic.vmdk or vQFX-***.qcow2

I agree with you ! is it possible for you to post the vQFX file names or package names ? ex: vQFX-domestic.vmdk or vQFX-***.qcow2

jinstall-vqfx500-15.2I20150605_0839_lanxng-domestic.img <---this is the filename. Seems to function in Qemu 2.4.0 in linux using GNS3v1.4.0beta1

I had to remote into his machine to help him get vMX and vSRX working, and I watched him boot and configure vQFX.

Edited by HermanToothrot

Juniper's other virtual devices also wont have such tracking so I dont think there would be any such tracking integrated in image.

Juniper's other virtual devices also wont have such tracking so I dont think there would be any such tracking integrated in image.

I hope you're right, or I'm a dead man...

Hidden Content

Give reaction to this post to see the hidden content.

Hidden Content

• Like 5

I hope you're right, or I'm a dead man...

Hidden Content

Thank you very much for sharing.

Is there any doc that shows how to evaluate it? The first vMX leaked image had a Word doc companion, so I'm guessing vQFX has its.

Thank you very much for sharing.

Is there any doc that shows how to evaluate it? The first vMX leaked image had a Word doc companion, so I'm guessing vQFX has its.

If it came with one, he didn't share it me. I've been reading the free books on J-Net, and the O'Reilly MX, SRX, and QFX books, for what it's worth.

Edited by HermanToothrot

If it came with one, he didn't share it me. I've been reading the free books on J-Net, and the O'Reilly MX, SRX, and QFX books, for what it's worth.

Herman,

I have asked because I run it but no interface ge-* is showed only em*. Have you managed them to work? I tried with FreeBSD 32bit VM in VMware Fusion without success. The VM boots up however no interface ge-* is showed and when I command it to reboot I got a message the jpfe package is missing.

Herman,

I have asked because I run it but no interface ge-* is showed only em*. Have you managed them to work? I tried with FreeBSD 32bit VM in VMware Fusion without success. The VM boots up however no interface ge-* is showed and when I command it to reboot I got a message the jpfe package is missing.

I noticed that, too, when I fired it up today. He needed help with vMX and vSRX, so I remoted into his machine with TeamViewer, and got those two working, but I only watched him quickly configure 2 vQFX instances to make sure there was connectivity. I'll ask him about it, if he shows up online today, since I want to learn how to use vQFX, too.

On a side note, has anyone else had trouble getting Juniper Sales Engineers or Alcatel-Lucent Sales contact you? It's like they just blew me off. *harumph*

*EDIT*

BTW, I'm not using it in Fusion. I run GNS3 in a Mint 17.2 VMware Workstation VM, and run almost all of my VMs in Qemu 2.4.0 with KVM enabled.

Edited by HermanToothrot