Kahindi

DIAG - DMVPN

Hi guys,

In my lab, the diag-dmvpn question had options to increase or decrease the subnet mask on some interfaces. It seemed like most of the options to choose from had these options.

Does anyone have any information on this diag question, or were these options just here to throw me off?

Also, I've heard people say they chose to exclude the tunnel interface from eigrp. Why? We choose to exclude the physical interface from the IGP, not the tunnel interface. My question confused me because the "excluded int xx" options didn't make sense. So I thought I had to increase/decrease subnet masks. But I couldn't find anything wrong with the masks.

Does anyone have any insight to this?

thanks,

Kahindi

The dmvpn is pretty easy. Either you select R15 and exclude nmba or e0/0 from eigrp or there is select R16 and choose increase the subnet from /29 to /30 on e0/0. You can tell which one it by looking at R15, if it has redis connected without a route-map, it's the 1st problem, if it has route-map connected with a route-map, it's the 2nd issue.

Other options are there to throw you off. There is a diag document somewhere in the share section that explains all of it for diag.

• Like 1

The dmvpn is pretty easy. Either you select R15 and exclude nmba or e0/0 from eigrp or there is select R16 and choose increase the subnet from /29 to /30 on e0/0. You can tell which one it by looking at R15, if it has redis connected without a route-map, it's the 1st problem, if it has route-map connected with a route-map, it's the 2nd issue.

Other options are there to throw you off. There is a diag document somewhere in the share section that explains all of it for diag.

Absouletely correct.:)

Many many thanks!

Which document are you referring to? Do you mind uploading it to CC. I don't have access to 4shared or a torrent on this PC.

Thanks!

Edited by Kahindi

Networkguys - what do you mean by the second option?

-it looks the same as the 1st option to me.

There is 2 possible faults for each ticket 1 and ticket 2 for diag. If you read the document, you will see that for ticket 1, it's either vtp or port security and for ticket 2, it's exclude nmba address from eigrp on r15 or increase subnet for r16

The dmvpn is pretty easy. Either you select R15 and exclude nmba or e0/0 from eigrp or there is select R16 and choose increase the subnet from /29 to /30 on e0/0.

As far as I know you need to increase the subnet of e1/0 on R16, not e0/0. Correct me if I am wrong.