vidalone

New 210-260 CCNA Security

Hi Everybody!

Now Cisco has change the CCNA Security certification exam to 210-260.

Has anybody more info/documentation about it?

Thank you very much for your help.

Let's certify!!!

• Like 1

Hi Everybody!

Now Cisco has change the CCNA Security certification exam to 210-260.

Has anybody more info/documentation about it?

Thank you very much for your help.

Let's certify!!!

Well, you could have started yourself by providing us with a list of changes in the exam topics for both exams. You know, do some studying yourself.

Source:

Hidden Content

Give reaction to this post to see the hidden content.

Apparently guys are too lazy to check Cisco's site... all the information is right there.

Implementing Cisco Network Security:

The new exam topics combine and adjust the current domains. The overall number of domains has been reduced from nine to seven. Although there are fewer domains, the exam remains the same length. The same number of questions has been spread across the seven domain topics. The domains better reflect current job roles and job tasks required in the jobs typically held by CCNA Security Certified individuals.

Exam Topic Update Summary:

• The current exam topics specify Cisco Configuration Pro (CCP) for nearly all router configuration elements. The new exam topics focus on CLI-based configuration for IOS router and switch configuration.

• The new exam topics include updates to the Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS) sections, specifying legacy Cisco IPS and Cisco Next Generation IPS terminology side by side. Content now includes descriptions of NGIPS technologies such as FirePOWER Services, FireSIGHT Management Center, and Cisco Advanced Malware Protection.

• Focus on Access Control Lists (ACL’s) has been reduced in the new IINS exam topics, since ACL’s are covered in the ICND1 prerequisite.

• Many newer technologies are now expressly included in the course materials:

- 802.1x

- Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE)

- Bring Your Own Device (BYOD)

- Cisco Cloud Web Security (CWS)

- Cloud & Virtualization

• Updated examples of security risks, more closely aligned with today’s common security threats.

• References to some standards and technologies have also been brought up to date.

- DES and MD5 are replaced with more current algorithms.

Edited by RZR
  • Like 1

Source:

Hidden Content

Apparently guys are too lazy to check Cisco's site... all the information is right there.

Exactly my point. I was hoping though that he would do it himself which is why I didn't provide any information about the changes.

Thank you RZR,

I regret not to be clear in my post.

I cheked Cisco's page... So my question was in the way of to know if sombody has prepare the new exam... Tips and Trics... Feelings... and the most important... If sombody has the Official Certification Guide.

I did the CCNAS 1.1 course... so I have documentation about it and info about that exam.

Thanks again for your support.

Apologies, that was not clear to me. Either way, it is a bit soon to ask for impressions on an exam that is this new. I think most people here studying for the CCNA Security will take the old exam as they have the questions of that exam. The new exam will only start to pop up as soon as the old is not available anymore.

Apologies vidalone, I misunderstood your first post.

I'm busy studying for 640-554 and will be writing on 23 September. I had a look at the new curriculum and most of the current stuff will still be applicable. For most of the newer stuff, you can get the required knowledge from other Cisco material, e.g. 802.1x is covered in the SWITCH course material (I think).

The really new stuff like SourceFire (FirePOWER etc) will need more material. ISE can be done with a virtual machine (shared here on forum in the Cisco Shares section), and there is additionally a three day course just covering ISE. Official Cert Guide was only recently released I think and I haven't seen a copy anywhere just yet.

Overall new syllabus looks much better than the current one. No need to waste time on CCP anymore!

My recommendation: get UNL, get list of exam topics, and use combination of current CCNA Sec material and sources from other Cisco certs to fill in the gaps. Most of the security stuff can be practised now, except for the SourceFire stuff (and even this, I am not sure about. It might be possible).

Edited by RZR
  • Like 1

guys old exam expired at end of november , new exam seems to be more valuable you hv byod , protecting routing protocols , and all stuff mentionned above , if u start your ccna sec study just go for new one , I cleared old one few days ago below my ccna sec material ,all stuff I used and prepared for exam

Hidden Content

all the best ,

• Like 1

and u can go this website below sm cool guys gv their exam feedback ;-)

Hidden Content

The really new stuff like SourceFire (FirePOWER etc) will need more material. ISE can be done with a virtual machine (shared here on forum in the Cisco Shares section), and there is additionally a three day course just covering ISE. Official Cert Guide was only recently released I think and I haven't seen a copy anywhere just yet.

I think Cisco offers a free CBT for the sourcefire and firepower stuff. It's not technical just conceptual stuff.

Hidden Content

Click on account manager then E learning. You have to have a Cisco account which is free to register for.

Edited by trunolimit

Hi every body,

To pass this exam you need to do a training course or self study. I believe that if you have a student guide materials, you can pass.

Please, who have the student guide training materials, please share here.