kamui

Tutorial for license and upgrading ISE 2.X/1.X to 2.6

Hi Team , i wanted to install cisco ISE in my vmware. Can anyone help me to set up cisco ISE in vmware .

this can

Hidden Content

Give reaction to this post to see the hidden content.

• Like 27
  • Thanks 5

Hi All,

I thought I should drop few lines line and share some strange behavior and ask if anyone noticed it as well.

I followed the 2.0 guide and successfully applied the 4 .lic files ... however...

When observing the Licensing page there seems to be some inconsistency at every refresh (or new visit) to the page:

1. At the very top Licensing section Wireless, VPN and Wired seems to flip-flop between Enabled and Disabled and only Device Admin seems to stay Enabled at all times

2. At the License Usage section (the section below) the Plus and Apex bars seems to vanish intermittently which looks like is related to the 3-rd section behavior

3. At the License Files section (the 3-rd section) Plus.lic and Apex.lic entries are constantly flip-flopping between Term and Permanent

I observed the same on a vanilla installation with Eval licenses and this sort of behavior doesn't occur i.e. all 3 sections stay static no matter how many times I refresh or visit the page.

I haven't tried the functionality so if anyone has anything to add please do.

If not, it ma pay out to play with Eval installations providing 90 days suits the purpose.

Cheers!

I test many times,and I think this is a bug of ISE 2.0,because when I upgrade to ISE 2.4,everything will be good.

Edited by saszhuqing

Added new flexfiles 2.0 link + torrent link to upgradebundle-2.0.x-2.3.x-to-2.4.0.357.SPA.x86_64.tar.gz + cisco tutorial links... enjoy

• Like 9

cd / mnt / sysimage

mkdir usb

mount / dev / sdb1 usb

cp usb / flexlm-10.9.jar ./opt/CSCOcpm/upgrade/javalib/flexlm-10.9.jar

cp: cannot create regular file "./opt/CSCOcpm/upgrade/javalib/flexlm-10.9.jar" no such file or directory.i AM I missing something?

try to change path by cp usb / flexlm-10.9.jar /opt/CSCOcpm/upgrade/javalib/flexlm-10.9.jar

First and foremost, thanks to everyone for this share !!

I installed 2.0 and managed to upgrade to 2.4 . But it looks like in 2.4 , we need the VM licenses to be applied. Anyone seen this and successfully created the VM licence files ?

v 2.4 using smartlicences style but if you patch properly v2.0 licenses before upgrading it will be no issue ...

main post updated with tutorial for upgrading ISE in CLI !!!

stay tuned !!

Thanks Kamui !!

I didn't lose any other licenses. It's just that 2.4 on a VM requires new VM licenses.. And as for the functionality, it's not an issue at all .

v 2.4 using smartlicences style but if you patch properly v2.0 licenses before upgrading it will be no issue ...

main post updated with tutorial for upgrading ISE in CLI !!!

stay tuned !!

ok good ;-) , I updated tutorial with some vm process and cli for patching screen !

ok good ;-) , I updated tutorial with some vm process and cli for patching screen !

Yesterday I've found a CLI command to clear leftover upgrade files. 23GB!!! was left over. You should run it after upgrading to 2.4.

Hidden Content

• Like 35
  • Thanks 8
  • Sad 1

this command only works if u did upgrade with command appication upgrade prepare that was not my case ...

Hidden Content

• Like 23
  • Thanks 4

upgrade 2.4 to 2.6 done with success , I got vm disk issue due to thinprovision disk create to avoid guys !

Hidden Content

• Like 32
  • Thanks 10