kamui

Tutorial for license and upgrading ISE 2.X/1.X to 2.6

Tutorial worked I was able to get it to show correctly via VMWare and even connect to it. Followed the tutorial mentioned on eve-ng's documentation website to get it integrated with eve. Having issues getting the node to connect within eve after converting it to a .qcow2 image. Any suggestions on how to get the licensed ISE to work with eve ? I thought i might just connect my internal network to a management node within eve to get it to work. Any and all suggestions are definitely appreciated.

Edit: Got it working. Despite the eve website saying to name the qcow file virtioa.qcow2 i named it hda.qcow2 and was able to get the node to start on the latest 2.6 with the license installed. Thanks for sharing all the information on it.

Edited by ghofer

forget converting to qcow2 file ... use your ISE as external vm by adding a cloud in eve ... tutorial here in eve if your not familiar with exsi vswitch mapping and cloud

• Like 1

Upgraded from 2.0 to 2.1 then to 2.6 successfully. Question: how to extend the Plus & Apex licenses? I have 313 days remaining. Please help.

I've edited adv.lic file with a new Serial number and changed date to "FEATURE ISE cisco 2.0 01-apr-2099 uncounted", however when imported it to ISE, system said "License file could not be read.It is either corrupted or illegal."

Apex.lic

Plus 10000 Term 20-Nov-2020 (313 days remaining)

Apex 10000 Term 20-Nov-2020 (313 days remaining)

Edited by jchan
  • Like 1

u can only upload license file on version 2.0 once upgraded to antoher version u cant edit and reupload lic file.... u have to do all license editing with v2.0 only !!!

• Thanks 1

Hi Kamui,

In your screen shot the date is 2099,which one of the lic files do I have to modify?

I have ISE 2.0.0.306 running already,however Apex and Plus licenses will expire next year Apr 01 2021,

Do I need to edit only adv.lic date to add "FEATURE ISE cisco 2.0 01-apr-2099 uncounted"?

Thank you

Have you guys noticed that the original serial number we put on the license in 2.0 changes after the upgrade to 2.4 ? I can still see the licenses though but not sure they are really valid as they were created with a different serial number originally.

• Like 2

thank you very much for this tutorial.

Very things working fine.

Great tool for achieve certificates ! 

Hi. I was able to install 2.0 but unable to upgrade due to minimum processor speed required. Is there a way to bypass/skip the hardware check. Thank you!

On 1/17/2020 at 4:19 AM, kamui said:

u can only upload license file on version 2.0 once upgraded to antoher version u cant edit and reupload lic file.... u have to do all license editing with v2.0 only !!!

That's not true. I've got it working up to 2.6 with license editing. I have not tried 2.7 though.